AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting everything togther for an RPK 74 build, which rivit set from ak builder do i need for a bulgarian RPK 74? or should i go with a Kvar set.?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
This is what I used on my RPK-74. The RPK-74 has 4.5mm holes where the AK-74 normally has 4mm. I ended up getting some extra 4.5mm long rivets from Curtis and shortening them for use in the front trunnion and on the forked rear tang. I tried using a regular 4mm rivet and I was not pleased with the results. I modified an AK-74 set from ak-builder substituting my own 4.5mm short rivets where needed.

Here's what you need.

4 Short swell neck 4.5mm ( 2 in the front trunnion 2 in the rear)
2 Long swell neck 4.5mm ( 1 front and 1 rear)
6 Short non-swell 4mm (4 front trigger guard 2 middle of the front trunnion)
1 Extra short non-swell 4mm (rear trigger guard)

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot moondoogy, Curtis is the fella that runs Ak builder correct? I will give him a call tommorow.

when you buck the front trunion long rivit you buck the rivit just like the rear correct?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
thanks alot moondoogy, Curtis is the fella that runs Ak builder correct? I will give him a call tommorow.

when you buck the front trunion long rivit you buck the rivit just like the rear correct?
Yep. Do the front long rivet last, btw. The rivet head on the long rivet will hold the receiver higher than pedestal if you do it before you do the short rivets.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
im getting everything togther for an RPK 74 build, which rivit set from ak builder do i need for a bulgarian RPK 74? or should i go with a Kvar set.?

Allright were going to see a RPK-74 build....very nice, looking forward to seeing pics..

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes im obligated to build an RPK74 now lol that way once i get off my ass and do my paper work for my Krink i will have small, medium and large AK-74s :mrgreen:

i will defently be posting pics. it didnt occur to the RPK build and rivits would be a bit differnt than a regular AK till i went to get some rivits and they had none!! should be an experince though!

thanks for the tip moondoogy, i would have more than likely bucked that rivit first lol, now that i think about it what you said makes sense!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts