AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
my first AK was saiga mamny years ago. WASR was the only AK that i ever sold. twice. trash-rifle.
if you are going to drop almost $800 on your first gun, at least get something nice. saiga right now can be had for under that number and slant back vepr for around that.
if you are looking for just a great shooter either will be better option than gypsy trash rifle. certainly not for any price above $600

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I guess the sticker on the bottom one is worth $50 more?!?!

You can go Saiga/Vepr depending on how much you like to tinker with things as they don't come in the traditional configuration that you see those Romanians in. Buying a professionally converted Saiga/Vepr will be at least as much as on of those Romanians.

I despise playing gunsmith so I avoid anything that has to be built/assembled/parts to be scrounged...etc.. the only thing I want to do is put in ammo

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
$600 would be my offer on the 10/63.
I wouldn’t even consider the regular “10” if you can get a 10/63.

Just for reference, 10=all brand new parts.
10/63 = demilled military rifle parts.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Save up a little more cash and buy someone’s build in the market place. Or a kit built rifle from Atlantic.
Anyone can buy dimeOdozen off the shelf .........

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my opinion, it depends what they come with. Extra mags, sling, bayo etc. If you are in the market for a WASR and would buy one new, it would be about $700 to your FFL. Then you'd buy new wood, a bayonet and a sling. I would make an offer you feel would be worth to you. The biggest plus is you can see it before you but vs ordering online. If both rifles have straight sights and in similar condition, I'd take a 10/63 over a new WASR 10. I got a 2016 WASR 10 with upgraded surplus wood and 4 Romanian mags for $650. I would have spent over $800 if I would have bought new. I was strictly in that price range so even going a couple hundred more wasn't an option so a WASR was the best for the money.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Welcome to the group!

My 2 cents is anything over $600 is way too much for a WASR. Unless you are in commiefornia where anti-gun climate forces a higher price, the price of those two rifles is too much. Although I haven't bought a new WASR-10 since I paid $179 for the one I bought for my daughter, these days $550 or so includes the bayo, sling, and mag or two.

Just for grins, check Gunbroker sold prices to see the true worth of a WASR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my first AK was saiga mamny years ago. WASR was the only AK that i ever sold. twice. trash-rifle.
if you are going to drop almost $800 on your first gun, at least get something nice. saiga right now can be had for under that number and slant back vepr for around that.
if you are looking for just a great shooter either will be better option than gypsy trash rifle. certainly not for any price above $600
What year did you sell your Wasrs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts