AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 3 adult kids so everything gun related is done is 3's - each one gets one of each - target pistols, carry pistols, scoped rifles, semi autos (1st fals and now ak's) and shotguns. I need some advice on AK #3, which will probably be the last keeper. already got a Polish UF and a Tantal about to be shipped to a builder.

I bought an AMD65 kit with the intent of sitting on it for investment but the look of an AMD doesn't float my boat and milled or forged receivers do. my daughter is interested in shooting AKs with her brothers. so it's time to get started accumulating parts for another build I want a full stocked milled receiver gun. I'm going to sell or trade the AMD65 to get whatever AK#3 becomes. what milled kits should I be going for? I like classic lines and old wood. thanks for the advice. I've only been into AKs for the last 6 months and while I visit this board everyday to learn more I'm not sure what milled kit to buy. thank you.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
classic lines and old wood....you can't beat russian..unless you can't find them...LOL..

Since your looking to do this as a kit build. Hungarian would be a good choice.

Seems Yugo is the best priced now though.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Hungarian, Bulgarian, or a cheap ( :lol: ) Russian kit. Then dress it up with whatever furniture you want or make it a clone of whichever variant you like. Each of those rifles have great qualities.

Or find an Arsenal rifle and re-dress it with some furniture.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
i would go for a nice hungarian kit, or possibly even a yugo kit. dont buy anything from florida gun works either. they suck and are thieves.

you can always get your milled kits rewelded too.

and i picked up a "cheap" russian t3 underfolder kit... only ran 400 bones and came with a full ironwood milled stockset brand new. its really nice.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
catsailer40 said:
i would go for a nice hungarian kit, or possibly even a yugo kit. dont buy anything from florida gun works either. they suck and are thieves.

you can always get your milled kits rewelded too.

and i picked up a "cheap" russian t3 underfolder kit... only ran 400 bones and came with a full ironwood milled stockset brand new. its really nice.
400 dollars for the t3 kit..I will give you 401...LOL.. great deal..ya Im jealouse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts