AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Depends on what the back end of your receiver is like for mounting, and the type of receiver. I’m not familiar with the back ends of any of these pistols, so I’d wait to hear back from them. If you look at the video on that page you linked it will show one of the methods on how it’s mounted.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on what the back end of your receiver is like for mounting, and the type of receiver. I’m not familiar with the back ends of any of these pistols, so I’d wait to hear back from them. If you look at the video on that page you linked it will show one of the methods on how it’s mounted.
Yes I watched that video and mounting looks super easy, this is what I want. I wish they would explain the differences in the mounting for the various models though, because I can’t determine anything without talking to them now, and they don’t answer the phone or emails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the inside of the rear trunion, it’s for an underfolder

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here is the inside of the rear trunion, it’s for an underfolder

That will likely be a problem, and why they don’t have one for that specific model. You will have to do some drilling, tapping, and modifications to make one of those models bolt on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like you could SBR that thing with a cheap UF stock.
Yes that’s what it was meant to be. I just don’t want to register an SBR and pay a fat tax on top of that

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That will likely be a problem, and why they don’t have one for that specific model. You will have to do some drilling, tapping, and modifications to make one of those models bolt on.
I could use a threaded block in the back. I just don’t know which of the models used a two-bolt config either. There aren’t even pictures to help. I must be missing something

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I got through to Tyler at CNCW and he said to drill through that weld might not be a good way to go. Their braces are all single-bolt design. I would have to go with something else if I use the Stormwerkz tapped block

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you’re not ever going to put the folding stock on, and you don’t mind permanently altering the receiver, you may just remove the under folding stock trunnion, and have the right backing plate installed. Yeah I wouldn’t want to drill threw that center weld, as it looks pretty integral. You could either save or sell that underdolder trunnion.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If you’re not ever going to put the folding stock on, and you don’t mind permanently altering the receiver, you may just remove the under folding stock trunnion, and have the right backing plate installed. Yeah I wouldn’t want to drill threw that center weld, as it looks pretty integral. You could either save or sell that underdolder trunnion.
Thanks for the suggestion, I just think I will work with the existing trunnion. I found info on another forum about using the Stormwerkz tapped block and folding adapter for a stock. I could add a KGB Stinger to that. Might be the ticket

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I got it now, it is the CNC Warrior Draco brace that fits perfectly on the Lynx! 15-minute install! Thank you Tyler!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I got a couple questions about the install. You just have to drill a 3/8” hole in the center of the rear trunnion, 1/2” from the bottom. You want to keep the bolt low so it has no chance to interfere with the bolt carrier. It installs similar to the Arsenal one in the video on the website, has one bolt that slides into a slot on the folding mechanism.
Tyler recommends NOT using carbide drill bits because they have a tendency to break when encountering resistance. I used titanium coated 1/8” and 1/4” for a pilot, then 3/8”. The weld on the inside was really not a problem. The drill bit wanted to walk a little bit because the weld is a little harder than the trunnion, but really it was not too hard at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts