AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty,
I have 2+k rounds of ammo and 20 mags...but no rifle...yet. However, I'll soon have my Bulgy 74. Since the ammo is Bulgy surplus, which Ballistol do I want to get; the Ballistol Lube Multi-Purpose or the Ballsitol Sportsman's Oil?

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have been using the sportsmans lube for years it really is great stuff, if your concerened about the corrosive ammo this is what i do.

fire a 30 rd mag of non corrosive first then all the corrosive ammo you want last mag fired is non corrosive, the first mag coats everything pretty good and the last mag blows out alot of the corrosive residue, i then spray everything with MPRO7 hands down the best cleaner i have found for getting rid of all the corrosive salts.

thats what i do, others may have found a better way, but 10,000 rds of corrosive thru 3 different 74's and no problems at all.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
They are the exact same product, they use 2 different labels for 2 different markets.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I like the Balistol in the spray can...easy for me to spray the crap out of every part of the rifle before a good clean..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Just tried some old school G.I. rifle bore cleaner tonight, the milky looking stuff. It was the 6oz. green tin can and mentioned "salts" specifically on the instructions on the back. Seems to work great.

I had only put one mag downrange though so this may not be much of a test of how well it does (was checking rifle function). :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts