AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,
I'm getting my first 5.45. I"m planning on buying some good ammo. Now, I'm familiar with all the 5.56 and what's good etc., but I haven't a clue about 5.45. I was going to order a case of Bulgarian or Russian or Wolf MC. Which is the better and "hotter" ammo? What is the "Wasp" ammo I hear about?

Thanks guys
R

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
There is a lot to cover on the subject. I suggest you go in to General Discussion and repost your question, or search through the archives.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
The first decision you need to make is whether or not you're willing to purchase corrosive ammo. That will largely determine your choices.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Yes, but it's not all military surplus. You can buy noncorrosive 5.45x39 just as you can buy noncorrosive 7.62x39. It just typically costs a little more. I stocked up on noncorrosive a couple of months ago when you could get Wolf Military classic for $150 a case.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Wolf and Wolf Military Classic are both noncorrosive. There is also Barnaul available that is noncorrosive.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
SD01 said:
There is a lot to cover on the subject. I suggest you go in to General Discussion and repost your question, or search through the archives.
Let's try to keep the ammo questions to the ammo forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts