AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
950 Posts
Here, we give them free meals, healthcare, education- everything. Who can blame them? If I was in their shoes I'd do the same- just cross some imaginary non protected border and whamo, you got more than you can make in a lifetime down there. We need Welfare reform, not Immigration reform. If you aren't a citizen, you don't get shit- Immigration problem solved.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Honestly, it was just a matter of time before the war hit Agua Prieta and last year in San Carlos. I don't think Americans truly understand that the government of Mexico isn't in complete control of the country. Imagine not being able to travel to say, San Diego because drug gangs controlled parts or all of interstate 8. Or certain towns were under the control of drug gangs and the government allowed it to continue. That's what it happening in Mexico. The government is corrupt at every level, bribery greases the wheels and as you can see, gun battles break out on a regular basis. And they are right next to us.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Same ol same ol out of Mexico.
I grew up in the frontier of eastern san diego county.
Which is why I now live a few miles south of the canadian order.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The border's always been a rough place. Read some of the stories of the old time BP agents, and you'll see nothing has changed one bit. It's just a little more visible because of the internet. Even then, most people ignore it. You have always had two types trying to get across the border. Those that want a better life, and desperados.

I read somewhere that immigrant workers sent more in US dollars home to Mexico in cash than Mexico's GDP. I'll have to find that source, but it's still a huge chunk of change no matter what. No Mexican government in their right mind is going to cut off that kind of cash flow to their economy. Neither is the US interested in having that kind of situation either. It's bad enough now, let alone if all that money quit flowing. I don't see anyone in authority on either side of the border ever doing much to change the situation in any meaningful way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts