AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magpul was supposed to release their AK47 mags late summer, it's now early winter -- anyone hear anything (printable , that is!).

·
Premium Member
13,379 Posts
It's always about money..but lobbyists and political correctness may be playing a role this time. I have not read or heard any trusted information regarding release.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My guess is that the AR mags have been the higher priority.

They are finally getting caught up on production and some of their new stuff has been released (Gen 3 LR 20's for example)

Now that we are seeing PMags in stock in quantity everywhere, I expect that the AK mags are not too far off.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was thinking their move out of Colorado and as mentioned above catching up on AR mags has delayed the AK project. Do hope they have something by Christmas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have on several occasions tried contacting Magpul asking for release dates, actually any info, and have yet to hear from them. I'm needing :rolleyes: 10 7.62 mags and I'm about to give up on Magpul! Was looking for ten Magpuls but may get 10 surplus in v,good to excellent, if their out there!?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have on several occasions tried contacting Magpul asking for release dates, actually any info, and have yet to hear from them. I'm needing :rolleyes: 10 7.62 mags and am about to give up on Magpul! Was looking for ten Magpuls but may get 10 surplus in v,good to excellent, if their out there!?
I too am waiting for the 7.62x51 mags....a little bird told me that 25 round 7.62x51 mags are coming out and that they haven't been producing the 20 rounders at all.

Josh:eek:

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I was thinking their move out of Colorado and as mentioned above catching up on AR mags has delayed the AK project. Do hope they have something by Christmas.
I could be wrong, but last I heard they never left Colorado. I think all they did was start making the mags offsite but maintained the rest of their operations as usual.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I was looking through some "tactical" type of magazines at the book store today and one of them had a full page advertisement for the Magpul AK mag, so if they are spending money on promotion they must be in production and ready to sell. The add also said the mags are of ALL polymer construction, so I believe that means that they have NO metal reinforcing.

Reactions: liken47

·
Registered
512 Posts
I was looking through some "tactical" type of magazines at the book store today and one of them had a full page advertisement for the Magpul AK mag, so if they are spending money on promotion they must be in production and ready to sell. The add also said the mags are of ALL polymer construction, so I believe that means that they have NO metal reinforcing.
Yeah, you're behind the times.

First, just because they're being advertised doesn't mean they're out for sale yet. Not sure how you came up with that one. Second, Magpul has already stated the first AK PMAGs will be all polymer and they're working on a metal reinforced version to be released later.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Yeah, you're behind the times.

First, just because they're being advertised doesn't mean they're out for sale yet. Not sure how you came up with that one. Second, Magpul has already stated the first AK PMAGs will be all polymer and they're working on a metal reinforced version to be released later.
I also read somewhere that they had a Gen2 with metal bits coming for AKs.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I too am waiting for the 7.62x51 mags....a little bird told me that 25 round 7.62x51 mags are coming out and that they haven't been producing the 20 rounders at all.

Josh:eek:
Did you by chance here a date for the 25rd mags? My Sig716 will be arriving on Monday and I would like to pick a few up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts