AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My WASR has a Draganov stock. I want to buy a standard military stock and pistol grip, but haven't found one other than in larger kits. Anybody know a good supplier? thx.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this accurate (from another site):

"If you have a MAK90, a Maadi or a Romanian rifle with an uncomfortable thumbhole stock you cannot change to a pistol grip stock unless you install 5 to 6 US parts to comply with section 922(r). "

I thought all AK's already had the required US parts installed? If not, then if I swap out the stock..then I have to replace other parts just to get legal?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strange. Can you help me understand this? I mean, what difference does the stock make on the "legality" of the rifle?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
thumbhole stock are on sporting rifles that do not have any US parts, they were imported as is because they do not have a separate pistol grip and no barrel threads (or permnently attached muzzle nut if threaded)

If you switch to pistol grip then it become a non importable nonsporting rifle and you have to abide by 922r, 6 US parts if you have a threaded muzzle and 5 if you don't (for a stamped receiver, subtract both numbers by one for a milled receiver). The required US parts makes it a "US rifle" per se (922r compliant) vice imported

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
If you use a US made stock set you only need 2 to 3 depending upon threaded or non thread. You also can use a US made slant break or another compensator if it is US made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts