AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying an unmodified saiga .223 to get the difinative arms magazine well added on. I am having problems finding .223 saiga's anywhere online. does anyone have a source?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there a limit on how many guns they can import? I would think Russia would be pumping these out and sending them over. Which manufacture was in the news not too long ago about almost being bankrupt, Izhmash?

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
I would think Russia would be pumping these out and sending them over. Which manufacture was in the news not too long ago about almost being bankrupt, Izhmash?
I think the problem is that there's a lot of risk involved. My company buys chemicals from all over the world. Except for the US, Canada and western Europe, you really have to know what you're doing in the local market to keep from getting burned. Couple this with the fact that the factories like to have large contract runs and you're talking about someone risking a large amount of money. People in other countries often won't think twice about taking your deposit and not sending the product. They know the expense of getting them to pay. They're also not as good at the free market system. Many don't realize that they can make more off a continuous stream of money than they will off of ripping you off once. There's also the risk of having Russia or the US hold the shipment for some reason. Customs is often in no hurry to move things along. About ten years ago I bought a Chinese AK that had been seized by customs. They had the shipment for ten years before the importer finally was able to get through the courts to get the rifles released.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Keep an eye open for local sale ads too, I traded into mine off of a local board, prolly paid too much, but I have it. In the middle of converting and adding a TAKD mag adapter....which has been interesting....need to get off my ass and finish it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts