AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted Tantal about a week ago about item # 74BUL (listed here http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstmounts.html ) and have not received a reply. Is there anywhere else that sells Bulgarian side rails or am I pretty much limited to the Russian style side rails over at Kalinka Optics?

Also, what rails do you guys use on your Bulgarian '74s? Pics would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow, they actually have them in stock now! :dance:

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I got my Bulgarian optics rail in yesterday and it looks great. I can't wait to see it installed on my build.

Two questions though: two of the three rivets are round at the top, but one of the rivets has a slight flatness at the top. Is this normal, or does it really matter since they are all going to be flattened anyway? Also, on other people's Bulgarian rails, under the mold number mark (in my case the 1-1) I normally see a cast line that runs underneath it. However, on this rail, the line is only seen on the left side and does not continue underneath the mold number, instead it flattens out. Will this affect the anything when I install an optic? I'm thinking it shouldn't as optics don't make contact with that area?

Edit: Here's a pic

Compare to this rail:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts