AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really nice (but not numbers matching) Yugoslavian M70 AB2 that I am thinking of putting up for sale. This was one of the early Century batch (2005-ish?) done on the 1.6 mm NoDak Spud receivers. The underfolder locks up tight, and it shoots great, with a bit of slap from the Century trigger being the only (easily-corrected) problem. The only mods I've made have been to replace the black plastic hg's with some gorgeous wood bought from a member here, and also I wrapped the left strut of the underfolder with OD paracord (did a nice job if I do say so myself). I've put less than two full mags through it.

Only thinking of selling it because I don't shoot it, and am pretty set on getting a VEPR 12 with the side-folding stock. I have other 7.62x39's, but no other underfolders. Thoughts on what I should ask?

It's my only underfolder, and I'll probably hate to see it go, but I think that I could salve my regret with a couple of mags of 12-gauge...

Also, since money is tight, I may put up a Yugo-M59-66 SKS for sale as well. Bright shiny bore, all numbers matching, unfired by me (looks new other than handling marks), and still in the cosmoline. What are these selling for these days? Been a while since I have seen one this nice. Decided I liked AK's better than SKS's after firing my buddy's, so I kept this gun in new condition.

I plan to take pictures of them this weekend and maybe list them after that. I know that the smart thing to have done would have been to sell it during the last panic (or wait until the next one), but the SF VEPR's are here now.

-otus

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Probably 550 for the Underfolder since it's got the correct 'bulged' trunnion and wood handguards. I forget if they used US barrels back then..

Yugo SKS is about 400 if it's as new as you say it is... but it might take awhile to sell since there are other SKS's running around cheaper than that.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably 550 for the Underfolder since it's got the correct 'bulged' trunnion and wood handguards. I forget if they used US barrels back then..

Yugo SKS is about 400 if it's as new as you say it is... but it might take awhile to sell since there are other SKS's running around cheaper than that.
Yup, definitely an American barrel. I was told Green Mountain, but I never drilled-down too hard on that question. It shoots straight, and I kept my shooting to non-corrosive, so it's been fine for me. The bulged trunnion is definitely a unique look in combo with the UF stock.

Thanks for the feedback. I could let the SKS go at $400, but would be inclined to keep the M70-AB2 unless an offer comes in significantly higher than $550.

-otus

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Sorry.. that was my off the cuff guess. You could probably get a little more out of it.. Atlantic has a non-bulged version for 579 but that's a brand new rifle. It's hard to say. Buds has some sitting for 700 something.

Honestly I'd keep the underfolder until the next ZOMG panic.. even if it takes awhile.. AK stuff was slower to come down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts