AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really thinking of relocating the family to someplace more rural than I am now. I really like Tennessee and Asheville, NC but I am sure that Verizon is not the phone company those places. I prefer to transfer within a Verizon area if possible. I am open to Va, WVa, Tn, NC. I want to get a list of places together and start doing some weekend trips.

Thanks everyone. :grin:

·
Registered
784 Posts
The top :grin:

Me and my wife have discussed moving to the mountains of TN we go there just about every year and go hiking in the great smoky mountain national park. You may be able to work in Knoxville and live in a small town far from knoxville like Maryville. But that is still about an hour away from the mnts. Keep in mind this is my experience from vacationing there and I live in Biloxi, MS.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I love the Smoky Mountains and the Black Hills. I also like the mountains in Slovakia

I live in the flat lands of Southern Michigan. :sad:

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I live in Kodak, Tn. Foot hills of the Smokies! I can see the mountain range every day. The house next to me is for sale. I would really like to have a gun guy in it. But any where in East Tennessee is awesome as well as Aseville NC.

Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
+1 to what In Range said, Beautiful Country and gun friendly :wink:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Templar said:
oldschoolrussian said:
you should look up Thurmont in Maryland b/c the view on the mountain is great
Pretty sure that the only thing that Sean likes about Maryland is Clutch. :wink:
You know me well my friend.

Free state my ass.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I always like to visit Annapollis MD, "A Drinking Town With A Sailing Problem" :grin:

·
Registered
132 Posts
dude i love Annapolis I go there all the time with friends and go M##F shopping if you catch my drift.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Is Buddys Crab Shack still there?

·
Registered
785 Posts
The Asheville NC area is beautiful. It is expensive though. The locals don't like outsiders. I lived there 13 years. The locals called me a damn yankee even though I was from Va. and my great-grandfather was a Confederate soldier. I live in Floyd County Va. It's nice but the retirees and Floridians have found it (high prices for land). It's a shame..........The people who live and work here can't afford the high prices like the rich people moving here. The era of cheap mountain land is gone..............

1 - 20 of 36 Posts