AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building 2 Bulgarian AK-47 kits and am looking for 2 barrels to purchase. I am wondering if there a good resource for barrels as i am having no luck in finding barrels available at this time.

This is my first AK-47 build and i am confused as to which barrel is correct for the build. Can anyone point me to information that will help me find the correct barrels.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Tom

·
Banned
950 Posts
You have Bulgarian Milled AK 47 type III kits? What receiver are you using? I am fairly certain that K-Var has sold out of most of the type III barrels as they were considered the most collectible. However some aftermarket producers are now making some barrels but all I've seen are 74 pattern.

·
Banned
150 Posts
or try the marketplace on here or the other site. i have found Polish and Bulgarian com bloc barrels in the MP and while not cheap, they are good finds for my builds.

·
Technical Advisor
15,501 Posts
Not sure from your post exactly what you need, but.,
About twice a year K-VAR has a barrel sale. This AK47 pattern goes on sale at about $159. It is not threaded., no barrel cuts made and no extractor cut. But a Chromelined, hammer forged barrel Very nice if you can wait., get in their "sale notification list" etc.

The Largest AK-47/74 Rifle...

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
If you want the "ultimate" K-Var barrel for a milled build, threaded and ready to go, its this one (only $20 more than the unthreaded barrel shown in the two preceding links):

The Largest AK-47/74 Rifle...

·
Technical Advisor
15,501 Posts
Except when they go on sale. The barrel posted is AK-332C is $80-$90 cheaper.,. same barrel., just depends on your working level etc., no big deal.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
True, always look for sales. The more expensive version (AK-332CL) actually went on sale a while back. I think the price was reduced to $199 or something like that, one heck of a deal. They say that only 100 were ever imported, but I have to wonder, they've been available for a long time...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for quick replys gents. I believe I have 2 milled Type III kits based on my research and am using two receivers purchased from Nodak Spud for the build. The kits came with most of the parts respectively and both appear to be in usable condition. I have purchased the semi-build compliant parts already and am in need of the barrels to get started. Is there a difference in either barrel itself or it is simply the diameter of the front and rear barrel mount? I will definitely give KVAR a look. Would be nice to have one a bit more finished if possible. Getting hard to find machinists that are willing to work on parts even if they are legal. Thanks again for quick reply gents and Merry Christmas!!!
Tom

·
Technical Advisor
15,501 Posts
Thank you for quick replys gents. I believe I have 2 milled Type III kits based on my research and am using two receivers purchased from Nodak Spud for the build. The kits came with most of the parts respectively and both appear to be in usable condition. I have purchased the semi-build compliant parts already and am in need of the barrels to get started. Is there a difference in either barrel itself or it is simply the diameter of the front and rear barrel mount? I will definitely give KVAR a look. Would be nice to have one a bit more finished if possible. Getting hard to find machinists that are willing to work on parts even if they are legal. Thanks again for quick reply gents and Merry Christmas!!!
Tom
I'm not sure what you have from reading your posts. You state milled kits but Nodak Spud receivers which are stamped receivers for AKM., not AK47?? Dunno what you have. Unless you purchased front & rear trunnions for the build?

The barrels listed are the same profile.,and are for AK47 kits..,with milled diameter barrel components which a Bulgarian milled kit should have.
Either barrel will work., one needs a bit more work but can be cheaper when on sale. If purchasing "as is" retail rice., the extra $20 is worth it for the threaded muzzle and extractor cut etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts