AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a week or so ago a member asked me where my screen name came from. I'm going to take is opportunity to find out where other members got their screen names. Here is the conversation in its entirety:

Just curious about your screen name.When I first saw it I thought of the movie Once Upon A Time In The West when Charles Bronson tells Jack Elam that he brought two too many horses and gun play ensues.Is that where it comes from?

Not exactly. It's kinda a funny story now that I think back on it. Back in my younger days I was quite successful with the ladies. Well, one night I had a date with this woman I was seeing. I told her to meet me at my house after I got off of work and we would go out with some friends and just hang out. So when I got home she wasnt there yet so I figured I'd jump in the shower real quick. After getting out of the shower I heard some yelling outside. Not thinking too much of it as the neighbors fought time to time I proceeded to get dressed and ready for the night. Upon walking into my living room I seen the woman I was going out with that night and another woman in my front yard through my big window in a very heated arguement. So I walked outside to see what was happening and I recognized the other woman. It was another woman I was seeing and apperantly I had a date with her that night also. That part slipped my mind. Oops. Well, I have to admit, I was like a deer in the headlights. Speechless as they both demanded answers. Lucky for me, one woman called me a asshole and the other woman stuck up for me. Needless to say a all out fight broke out between the two.

After watching them for a good 30 seconds I decided I wanted no part of that fight and just stood back. I looked across the street and there was one of my neighbors leaning over the bed of his truck with a little smile on his face. So, I walked over to him and before I could say a word the said "ya know Dave, I've been on this earth for 70 years. If there's one thing I've learned, it does no good to get between two scorned women." After all, he has seen first hand all the women coming and going from my house for years. He then said "yup, looks like you got two too many".

So there it is. for some reason 22many just stuck.

So, what say you guys? Where did your screen name derive from?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was at Ft. Bragg and our medic was out. We got a substitute medic and commo guy from another ODA. He started calling me Mitch because "you look like a Mitch". The 1352 is my badge number. It reminds me of two of the most interesting times in my life.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
I used to own a red 71 Porsche 911 club racer. I was always working on it or doing something with our club. My wife dubbed it the red thorn in her side. In German translated RotDorn.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I asked 22many about his screen name.I think it humorous that my movie character and his neighbor said almost the same thing about
two different but unpredictable and temperamental creatures.
Pupwag is a nickname given by some of my Florida flying buddies.Years ago I went down there to do some tow kiting and got a bug.
Gary asked why I wasn't flying and I said "I'm sick as a dog".He said "Aw,he's a sick pup".It stuck,last name is Wagner so Pupwag I was.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
My last name. Not very creative, but pretty freakin' hard to forget or misspell!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My first name is Vincent.

"the VIN man" is what my old friend "drinking buddy" called me before I became "married man".

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
"Unka-Boo" = how my at the time three year old niece pronounced Uncle Bill....it stuck, I've been "Boo" ever since...hell, she just turned 14 and still calls me that...;)

I wasn't very creative with screen names, so ran with it....I'm 'Boo on every board I'm on....

·
Registered
626 Posts
Mine comes from my days in the infantry. I was called many things ,Combat Matt, Sir Sid Psyco, the Professor. But all my Peeps that I served with still call me mookie to this day soo,

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Mine is just the name my cable and internet carrier gave me. When they set email email up, they gave the email address of [email protected] There was exactly zero imagination in picking my user name.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Being a smartass to my stepdaughter, was firing up the Xbox to play battlefield 3 and she asked if she could play guitar hero. I said no I'm playing ak-74 hero. She thought it was funny .

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Mine came from here.....

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
First two letters are my initials. The SUDS comes from the last four numbers of my old cellphone, which was thought up by a rather well endowed young blonde that sold me the phone since I owned a coin op laundry on the side.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts