AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. So I purchased some Romanian and Yugoslavian steel 10/30 mags in order to be compliant here in New York State. Upon inspection of my mags though there are some problems. The plastic 10/30 mag blocks with their plastic locking baseplate piece are wearing out and rubbing off where it locks into the floor plate. I would like to replace the plastic locking plate with original steel ones, and cut the 10/30 plastic piece and insert it above so it still only loads to ten. It would give me peace of mind that the spring isn't going to burst out someday if the plastic fails. where can I FIND original mag parts, particularly the locking baseplate that slips into the bottom of the spring? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Check out Clearview Investments Inc. Click parts, they show floor plates and spring retainers together for $2.99. I'd talk to someone there because the photo may be misleading.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys. I found this with a little searchign too. Will these fit and work on my Romainian and Yugo steel 30 rd mags?
https://apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/2037
AK Magazine Follower Spring Base Plate, NEW$3.50

Click to enlarge
Original Polish manufactured AK 7.62X39 base plate for the magazine follower spring.

This magazine follower spring applies tension to this base plate causing it to engage the magazine floor plate and hold it in place on the magazine body.
This will fit most models and calibers of the stamped and milled receiver AK's.
Factory original New Old Stock part (N.O.S) never installed on a firearm.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Those should work fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts