AK Rifles banner
121 - 140 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Sad, but not entirely untrue. In fact, since our drive-by rocket scientist has faded into the night, I wouldn’t be upset if a mod would kindly redact that digression entirely.

I would however like to get back on track.

what are everybody’s thoughts on Ukraine’s counteroffensive?

it seems to me that it was political theater at the expense of many troops Russian and Ukrainian alike, and didn’t move the needle in either direction?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Zelensky promised "The Million Man August Counter Offensive" for his Western "partners" viewing pleasure. This is all about "optics" with a media fest of flag planting to Ukrainian soldiers posing for selfies. The usual spin will be put on all of that to justify another couple billion dollars gifted to the Ukraine. Really sick part is a lot, and I mean thousands of brave patriotic, country loving soldiers are being killed or maimed when all of this was previously settled in the Minsk Agreements (But never implemented by the Ukraine) signed by Russia and the Ukraine.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
if I’m being honest, I’m a moon denier. I don’t believe we’ve ever been there. I don’t believe we’ll ever get there, if it’s even possible, and if it’s even what we’re told it is. the van Allen radiation belt, the absurdity of thrusters propelling in a vacuum… idk if we faked it to “beat” Russia into space, or if we faked it to explain ungodly sums of money disappearing… but we’re in no short supply of places for money to disappear into.
Dog Carnivore Astronomical object Geological phenomenon Landscape

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'm living in the Philippines right now, the Cebu area, and the weird thing is nobody, and I mean nobody, I talk to who is indigenous Filipino seems to have much idea about even recent history which includes WW2. It's quite bizarre.

I've been to Palawan memorial site of this
It has the this very odd sculpture there:
View attachment 341639
The explanation for this is bizarre:
Monument Details
I've been to the American War Graves in Madingley in Cambridge and that is impressive but the Palawan memorial is bizarre and creepy. Relocating the 123 bodies to the USA from the Philippines must have been quite an operation.

I'm hoping I'll get a chance to visit battle sites one day but there's nothing around the Cebu area that I've come across so far and the battle sites are supposedly hard to reach since the story goes the Japanese retreated into tunnels in the mountains when the Americans landed. I guess the jungle eats everything. Another somewhat strange thing. The memorial to the Japanese surrender in Cebu was installed in... 2015.

And this came up in my YouTube feed
If you ever make it up to Luzon, I can give you points to check out as far as battlefields in and around former Clark AFB via google maps. I've made it a hobby to learn about the US and Japan's combat actions, and the units involved at Clark. Finding detailed accounts, unit positions and movements is not easy. The battles in other areas in the Pacific like Okinawa, Iwo Jima etc. are much easier to research.

My interest was sparked because I lived about 100yds from the last holdout positions of the Japanese Marine and Army forces there on the base at Lilly Hill for about three years. A younger and dumber teenage me ignored the off limits areas to explore, very stupid due to the snakes and unexploded ordnance.

The whole of Clark AFB was basically a battlefield. Many if not all of the buildings that were there in WW2 still show signs of battle damage. These include former 3rd TFW and PACAF buildings that were used until the base was evacuated after Pinatubo blew. By chance my dad got orders back to the States a couple of months before the bases were evacuated in 1991. If you make it further north on Luzon to Baguio (Camp John Hay), I can also direct you to some battle areas. Using google maps, I can see that a lot of those areas are still untouched other than jungle growth. From those I know that still live there, it's very common to find relics even today.

That video, I'd suggest you look elsewhere on youtube or read some reputable books compared to the video you posted. That guy's uneducated comparisons and conclusions are all wrong, junk history and seem agenda driven.

Again, this should be taken to another thread but I cannot let that video stand as some sort of fact based information or summary for whatever point the videos author is trying to make.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Sorry @reverendALC for more thread derailment. I've mentioned twice that another thread or threads are needed to discuss the off topic stuff posted.

What is a good nonbiased source of info on the Russian V Ukraine war? Is there a source that has up to date troop movements, losses and gains for both sides? I would like to find a solid source.

Sort of on topic, working with TOW 2B and Hellfire missiles, I found this video of Russian T model tanks used by both sides keeping up the tradition of popping their turrets oddly satisfying. ERA and hokey weld on cages aint working. Death traps for DATS.

·
Registered
275 Posts
What is a good nonbiased source of info on the Russian V Ukraine war? Is there a source that has up to date troop movements, losses and gains for both sides? I would like to find a solid source.
ZradaXXII
probably least biased.
kinda like, not sure why
best, but Russian. TG app has an integrated translation function tho.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
ZradaXXII
probably least biased.
kinda like, not sure why
best, but Russian. TG app has an integrated translation function tho

Telegram crushes Twitter with there being a actual balance of pro and con perspectives combined with smart phone and GoPro style camera footage. I quickly learned that on Telegram you can get the info you seek relatively fast and cross check it on other Telegram channels. I also learned that YouTube is chock full of misinformation about what is really happening in the Ukraine conflict.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
If you ever make it up to Luzon, I can give you points to check out as far as battlefields in and around former Clark AFB via google maps. I've made it a hobby to learn about the US and Japan's combat actions, and the units involved at Clark. Finding detailed accounts, unit positions and movements is not easy. The battles in other areas in the Pacific like Okinawa, Iwo Jima etc. are much easier to research.

My interest was sparked because I lived about 100yds from the last holdout positions of the Japanese Marine and Army forces there on the base at Lilly Hill for about three years. A younger and dumber teenage me ignored the off limits areas to explore, very stupid due to the snakes and unexploded ordnance.

The whole of Clark AFB was basically a battlefield. Many if not all of the buildings that were there in WW2 still show signs of battle damage. These include former 3rd TFW and PACAF buildings that were used until the base was evacuated after Pinatubo blew. By chance my dad got orders back to the States a couple of months before the bases were evacuated in 1991. If you make it further north on Luzon to Baguio (Camp John Hay), I can also direct you to some battle areas. Using google maps, I can see that a lot of those areas are still untouched other than jungle growth. From those I know that still live there, it's very common to find relics even today.

That video, I'd suggest you look elsewhere on youtube or read some reputable books compared to the video you posted. That guy's uneducated comparisons and conclusions are all wrong, junk history and seem agenda driven.

Again, this should be taken to another thread but I cannot let that video stand as some sort of fact based information or summary for whatever point the videos author is trying to make.
I find it hard to believe Filipinos do not know about McArthur in the Philippines or the Bataan death march.

If this is true, it sounds like education in America. Some people I work with do not know who Patton is. I brought up Patton and they had no idea who he was.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Really sick part is a lot, and I mean thousands of brave patriotic, country loving soldiers are being killed or maimed when all of this was previously settled in the Minsk Agreements (But never implemented by the Ukraine) signed by Russia and the Ukraine.
If the "patriotic Russians" don't want to be killed they should go home and stop attacking their neighbor. The guilty party is not hard to identify here. It is the one currently in someone else's country. All of the Russian soldiers who do not leave should be killed or captured as legitimate targets.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Zelensky promised "The Million Man August Counter Offensive" for his Western "partners" viewing pleasure. This is all about "optics" with a media fest of flag planting to Ukrainian soldiers posing for selfies. The usual spin will be put on all of that to justify another couple billion dollars gifted to the Ukraine. Really sick part is a lot, and I mean thousands of brave patriotic, country loving soldiers are being killed or maimed when all of this was previously settled in the Minsk Agreements (But never implemented by the Ukraine) signed by Russia and the Ukraine.
Care to update your thoughts given the events of the past week? Seems like the counter offensive is real and most of the Russian soldiers have figured out that whatever BS they were told isn't worth dying for. I personally have no issues supplying true freedom minded people who are willing to do the hard part themselves.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Do not mistake me for taking sides in this conflict. I just understand that every moment of every day we are actively being manipulated to think and speak what "they" want us to espouse to each other. I encourage Free Speech while we still posses that Right. Everyone is entitled to your own opinion. I did not come onto this forum to match wits with others. No, I actually came to this forum to learn and attempt to master the Art of the AK ( or at least get to the journeyman level ). And I have encountered many forum members that are incredibly skilled and want to share that accumulated knowledge with other like minded people. So on that note I will be showcasing some of my projects for positive critiquing .

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
My like is for that quote. I don't care for the corrupt governments on either side of the conflict.
I don’t like the corrupt American government. Probably just as much or more corruption in America than Ukraine or Russia. We got corruption from the President on down to city councils.

FBI, DOJ and other bureaucracies are corrupt too. FBI just raided Mike Lindell because he is a Trump supporter.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Corruption and oppression is totally ok as long as you're on the good guys side!
😉
Tell me again about how neutral Switzerland is holding money in banks the Nazis stole from Jews.

Or how about Klaus Schwab, the World Economic Forum, and the the Great Reset in Davos, Switzerland?

And why behold you the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye? Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull out the mote out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye. Matthew 7:3-5

·
Super Moderator
26,914 Posts
Care to update your thoughts given the events of the past week? Seems like the counter offensive is real and most of the Russian soldiers have figured out that whatever BS they were told isn't worth dying for. I personally have no issues supplying true freedom minded people who are willing to do the hard part themselves.
Have they gained territory lost in the past months? Yes. Will they be able to capitalize on those gains? Nope. When the Ukrainians are using "anti retreat forces" in their rear areas to ensure the cannon fodder they are scooping up off the streets don't cut and run, the war is not going well for you.
General mud and General winter are coming to the area next. For more on this, read about Operation Barbarossa.

Reactions: GPRS
121 - 140 of 207 Posts