·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Somewhat off topic, I wonder:

what do YOU think about Russia?

what do YOU think about Ukraine?

what do YOU think about the conflict?

what do YOU think about the 54 billion USD we've sent since March?

no, I’m not asking “what’s the narrative” or “what does CNN say” about it. I want to know what real humans not NPCs think.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If Ukraine declared neutrality like Austria Russia would be safer , that's what they want .

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Russia? Never been there so I don't know what to think. Same for the Ukraine. As far as the conflict goes, for the most part, I could care less. Don't like the instability it's caused in the region since it creates a ripple effect worldwide. Also. I've had this feeling since day one that there is more to the conflict than meets the eye. Just can't put my finger on it.
The $54 billion dollars sent? If there is any truth to what is being said that there is little, if any, accountability, to a country notorious for corruption (eg. Igor Kolomojski)-----OH, HELL NO! That money would be better spent here at home.
Hard to make judgement calls when you don't have all the intel. Like I said, there is more going on there than meets the eye. To me, the whole thing smells like s#!t.:poop:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My take is pretty simple: It doesn't matter where Ukraine or Zelensky stand politically, this is only a matter of telling Russia that enough is enough and that should have happened during their previous "special operations". Putin wants to reinstate the Warsaw pact, and who knows what else he will do if he gets away with that. He's a ruthless despot just like Hitler, Stalin and numerous other dictators, so it will be another sad case of history repeating itself if the world doesn't stand up against him.

However, something tells me that diplomats will negotiate with him, and come home declaring that "I believe it is peace for our time". I'd say that the best thing that could happen is that Putin is assassinated, This would send Russia into decades of internal turmoil, and they'll be too busy with that to do harm to other countries.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think the west is just playing politics and exploiting the blood feud between the uke and russia that has been going on for 2 centuries . The west wants a weakened russia and will supply the war tools as long as there are ukes alive to shoulder them. After the uke signs a peace treaty we will find another "heroic sap" to support ,its better than sending in our troops .

·
Registered
267 Posts
Russia cannot effect even a remnant of the WP - they just cannot do it. If you think Ukraine has been tough for them, think about Finland.

With our Feds raiding Amish farmers, and a regime deliberately running us into the ground don't tell me we are less corrupt than Zelensky or Putin.

This war is an exploitation convention for NATO, the regime, and all statists.

While I love Ukrainians, and support a missionary there, Ukraine and who runs it is not of interest to us - none. and again, good luck to Russia reinventing the WP. The east thinks differently - and we'll never get it.

It is all a major distraction, chance for the left to help run down our economy, and a way to lose an ally against China and keep our minds away from real problems including China.

·
Super Moderator
26,916 Posts
We should stop sending billions to Ukraine and focus on our own problems. The only thing the west, and in particular the US is doing with all that money, is dragging this war out and getting more people killed.
Its none of our business.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Russia cannot effect even a remnant of the WP - they just cannot do it. If you think Ukraine has been tough for them, think about Finland.

With our Feds raiding Amish farmers, and a regime deliberately running us into the ground don't tell me we are less corrupt than Zelensky or Putin.

This war is an exploitation convention for NATO, the regime, and all statists.

While I love Ukrainians, and support a missionary there, Ukraine and who runs it is not of interest to us - none. and again, good luck to Russia reinventing the WP. The east thinks differently - and we'll never get it.

It is all a major distraction, chance for the left to help run down our economy, and a way to lose an ally against China and keep our minds away from real problems including China.
10-4, if Ukraine is ‘corrupt’, what does that make us? Putin & his minions? Germany since reunification?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I feel sorry for the soldiers on both sides, because armed conflict is rough on both sides.

Neither seems to be well supplied with food, arms, ammo, or anything else.

In my humble opinion, the problems lies with those who told the lies and sent out the orders.

I also don't like footing the bill either, just saying.

·
Registered
23,546 Posts
Really excited to see how fucked up the China vs Taiwan game gets. Oh man. Supply chains are messed up now, wait until the Chinese embargoes and sanctions!

I'm surprised we haven't killed all the Russians in the Ukraine by dropping stacks of hundred dollar bills on them from JoeBiden Predator drones. Maybe a few more Billion while we sell even more strategic oil to China.

2 more Trillion dollars weeks though!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I'm rather cold about what happens in foreign countries, although I have nothing but compassion for the civilians especially women and children on either side. Both of their "governments" rival ours as far as corruption.

Post Cold War Russia is worse than the USSR (not that they were ever good). Russia is the Soviet evil by another name.

The Ukraine government and conflict seems like a big money laundering factory for US tax dollars, a boom for military contractors and drive by media hype. The Ukranian gov. just voted themselves a 70% raise in wages. Your tax dollars at work.

Let them fight. I see no reason we should support Ukraine with our tax dollars. I would rather see any money spent on solid allies in the region, like Poland etc.

Our domestic and border issues are at crisis level and beyond. No need for new taxes. Cut funding to ridiculous social causes and take care of issues here at home.

I prefer we returned to more of a "speak softly but carry a big stick" foreign policy. You mess with us or our solid allies, you get cruise missiles, a visit from B-1s or B-2s or if need be, a special visit from our spec ops community, no holds barred and every option is on the table. A modern take on Teddy Roosevelt's policy, call it the F around and find out policy if you will.

The worst option that the dems and media are slow pushing is US military involvement. Putting our armed forces in another situation to be unsupported, saddled with insane ROE or just abandoned is disgracefully below what we should ask of those who volunteer to defend our country to do yet again.

With a few more years of the jackass as president* I think we will look back to now being the easy times.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Russia = Corrupt Government
Ukraine = Corrupt Government

Russia just wants to stop all the Ukraine illegal backdoor $$ payouts funneled to U.S. Politicians/Investors. Russia just wants the money/energies back for themselves.

Oh yea before I forget:
U.S. = Most Corrupt Government of all time. Far worse than the first two listed combined. lol

Disclaimer: Observations directed at governing bodies/officials of said countries, not the poor general folk population (no offense meant).

1 - 20 of 208 Posts