1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title of the thread says it all.

What are your choices?

My choices:
CCW: SIG-Sauer P228 9mm...13+1 rounds of 9mm in a compact yet controllable package.

"Go To War": Springfield Armory XD45 Tactical...13+1 rounds of .45ACP. It's almost like SA, Inc. read my mind and addressed all my gripes about about Glock...the grip angle is right for me, the grip shape fits my hand much better and the trigger isn't "squishy".

Pic of mine
P228 with an action job by Wayne Novak and a set of Novak night sights...some things are just timeless... :cool:

XD45 Tactical currently on it's way to Springer Precision for a trigger job and "Factory Cleanup"...I've shot it enough already to know I'm gonna love it but it just needs a little tweaking.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
CC/OC (all depending on my mood)...
SIG P226 or...
SIG P229 or...
Wilson Combat CQB 1911 or...
Colt Combat Commander 1911

"Go to War": same as above.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
My CCW is my "Go To War" choice, Glock 19................................along with smoke grenades and my KISS M4 or AK.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I figured he meant, My "Get My Dumb Ass Home" in case of a calamity gun :oops:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thekatar said:
What do you mean by "go to war" ?
A handgun that you carry openly without regard to concealment like you might in a SHTF scenario whether or not you're carrying a long-arm.

One that has good accuracy & you can make COM hits out to 25 -35 yards with.

Something along those lines...maybe I should have called it a "Duty Pistol" instead...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
CCW: Colt 1911A1 w/230g Hydra-Shocks. (J-frame smith depending on the season & my mood)

GTW: Same Colt as above! I've had it since '89 & honestly can't recall having a malfuntion.

Rifle: My M1A & or my Chinese Spiker

·
Registered
419 Posts
CCW is a full sized CZ-75 9mm with hydrashocks, of my Ruger GP100 postal inspector 3" also Hydrashocks.

My GTW guns, HK USP .45 full sized. Long gun primary is my HK-91 w/FERO 4X scope. Back ups are my CZ-75 and either my AR15 20" or any number of AK's or my M1A..............or others :dance:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
bluezerosix said:
Thekatar said:
What do you mean by "go to war" ?
A handgun that you carry openly without regard to concealment like you might in a SHTF scenario whether or not you're carrying a long-arm.

One that has good accuracy & you can make COM hits out to 25 -35 yards with.

Something along those lines...maybe I should have called it a "Duty Pistol" instead...
Thank you for the explanation.

CCW: lightly modified Glock 19
Go to War: lightly modified Glock 19

·
Registered
881 Posts
My CCW would be a G19. I found a 2nd generation a few weeks ago and it will be my primary CCW as soon as I replace the front sight.

My GTW would either be a G19 with light rail or a G17.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
A Jennings...... :grin: JK.

Another boring G19 guy here. It fires, feeds and ejects like it supposed to.

Although if I'm going to "War", I'll be armed with one of my milled AK's.
"Today was a good day, I didn't have to use my AK."

·
Banned
2,035 Posts
JOHNO said:
My CCW is my "Go To War" choice, Glock 19................................along with smoke grenades and my KISS M4 or AK.

You and me think way to much alike . In other words , "Damn Skippy" :) although I do like a little CS in the bag as well ;)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts