AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all.
Just a lil curious as to what this notch is on the feed lip portion of a Yugo bho mag I found today at the local gun show.
Given the mag seems a bit used, I feel these Yugo mags are some, if not THE toughest milsurp mags out there. Besides the China mags, I think these to be top of the line.
Anyways, at $12.50, I couldnt pass it up. :-D
So, can any of you fine gents tell me what is this notch supposed to be there for? I have several Yugos and this is the first I see to have this.
Heres a link to pic. It is the one towards bottom left side.
Thanks once again to you all in advance.

Welcome to Flickr!

·
Registered
616 Posts
The link doesn't work for me at work but I imagine from what you describe, that notch is what the old Yugo BHO device used before they did away with them, altogether.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
They were for the model 64 Yugo AK so they would be made starting in 1964, they did not continue manufacture very long because the hold open mechanism was being removed from the rifles by users to allow use of normal AK mags .

Reactions: formula73

·
Registered
616 Posts
They were for the model 64 Yugo AK so they would be made starting in 1964, they did not continue manufacture very long because the hold open mechanism was being removed from the rifles by users to allow use of normal AK mags .

That's it, right there. The 64 mags would run in anything else but the bho device would interfere with inserting a normal AK mag unless you cut that notch in it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Model 64? Huh. Never heard of it before. Ive heard of the 70 and 92 models. 64 though?
Is that a rarer model or just a model that was strictly military which never saw a commercial variation?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I'm sure this is what you're talking about. They are earlier mags. Not as common as the one without it and functions fine in any rifle. Just search this site for the M64.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
No not bad. Any yugo mag for that price is great really. I'm inactively looking for one more to fill my pouch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts