1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My guess is the gasblock is canted. THere is a fix, but if it is a lancaster build, I would contact them.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
rbthntr64 said:
My guess is the gasblock is canted. THere is a fix, but if it is a lancaster build, I would contact them.
From the pics it looks like the rear Sight Block is centerred in the trunnion, so this tweak he is seeing has something to do with the receiver and/or the front trunnion. I don't see the gas block having anything to do with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More Pics

This is my first AK, so I am not real familiar with them.
I understand what you are saying, and will try to see if I can figure it out.
I am the 2nd owner, so I suppose a warranty wouldn't come into play.
I do have a 3-day inspection period, got it last night.
Sure would like to keep it, but not at a great expense to fix.
Thanks
avery

Added: Rear sight seems to be leaning to the right. (Republican)? :grin:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/ ... CF0780.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/ ... CF0785.jpg

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
WASR

My first wasr does that. After a 1000 or so rounds the gas tube seems ok, just a scar down the bolt carrier. Has never affected funtion, EVER. The most inaccurate AK I own, even other WASR's. The bolt does not catch though. One day I am going to try boring out the weld on the gas piston and pinning it right, but I am positive this is not really necessary.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Can you post a pic showing it from the front site back? Include the front sight in the picture. Also leave the gastube off like you showed in the last picture. If you can get one picture with bolt forward and one with the bolt back to the rear. Just want to see how straight it all is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it as long as it still worked. If it screwed up the action then yea, send it back to for another one. It takes a lot to fix that, and was most likely that way when they tore it apart, b4 it got a new receiver.

If the front site is slanted the same way then you should get it grouping without even messing with the sites all that much.

Biggest worry to me would if I could get my sight straight at 100 yds with the block that crooked.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
My first WASR did this as well, scarred the left side of the carrier a bit but never effected function.

·
Registered
446 Posts
rsb looks square in the trunion, my money is on a canted gas block.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I thought Lancaster was suppose to be one of the better builds? Send it back that's unacceptable to me, although, it will probably function fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts