AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me-It was over a friggin free oil change-yep free oil change

I work in the automotive industry and the corp i was working had a promo where these annoying people would knock on your door and say HEY there for $20.00 you get 4 free oil changes.We at the local level were unaware they were doing this real bad situation.We were buried by these things and of course everyone that had these wanted it done NOW right now.The company
only did a few oil changes we were a full service shops.

I was in one of our rougher stores and a lady came in with a late model SUV that requires you to take off several steel skid plates to get to the filter.Thats
why the coupon said MOST cars and trucks.When i explained to her that hers was going to cost $30 in labor i thought she was going to kill the manager.So as is company policy we just did it.

Next day late in the day im in the store helping the new manager shut things down and in comes this red faced guy about 6 4 250 jacked up and shouting and yelling asking for 'Bob'-me- I was on the phone behind the counter he reached over ripped the phone from my hands and then pulled the cord out of the phone while holding unto the receiver .We have about a 4 ft tall counter and a narrow passage that allows acess to the office area.I get a strong smell of whiskey not beer and this guy is ramping himself up about how he is going to beat me to death with the phone,etc,etc.The entire time im trying to talk him down as i had done a hundred times before in my life-He wasnt haveing it.

I always carry a razor sharp knife with at lest a 4" blade and i teach 'knife skills' at the school i have been a member for 20 yrs.Have trained in Kali
forever.So i turn blade style to him and get my knife open but along my back support leg where it cannot be seen and i start praying in my head 'dear god please dont make me have to kill this guy over a free oil change' i reach into my leading leg pocket a grab and handful of change and put my hand up and start telling this guy this isnt going to go down like this 'please stop' i had dialed 911 on my cell and had it on the back counter open the whole time.Im beggin this guy to stop i dont want to do this.So i make sure the only way he can get to me is thru that narrow ass
slit in the counter and he starts at me-and 3 of the county mountys pull up
with the lights on.

Come to find out he had several warrants and went away in bracelets,his wife called me and cursed me out for sending her hubby to jail.

If guess when it gets right down to it you never really know when or what will put you in spot where you have to decide.I was not goin to let this guy blugden me with a phone receiver he was drunk beyond reason and i had to make a choice.I still thank God i didnt have to do it.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Your tolerance for this kind of BS is much higher than mine. I would have had to cut this guy from neck to nuts the second he came across that counter.

Although, knife fights tend to end up with both parties getting cut so I would have probably used a tire billy or 4-D cell Maglite, otherwise known as "my 16 stitcher."

good on you for keeping your cool

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Loaned an old schoolmate $20 once out of kindness. When I finally saw him after not paying me back for at least a month, I said, "hey redneck, where's my $20 bucks?" This was while I was driving right in front of the police station. He comes over to my window, and says, "for real you calling me a redneck?" Then proceeds to pull out a lock blade and tells me to come on. At this point traffic is backed up behind me; I reach between the seats and pull out my Mossberg 590 with a pistol grip installed and level it in his face as he holds his now useless knife. He backs up a foot or so and says, "you better not pull a prop gun on me." At that point I racked a hollow point slug into the chamber and claimed, "This ain't no fucking prop gun." He promptly backed off fast. Not a single cop came out of the police station, and the district attorney turned out to be the car stopped behind me. After he backed off, I got in my car and drove away.
Turned out the guy was on probation, and wasn't even supposed to be carrying any knife. We were pretty good friends growing up, and I wanted to help the guy out. He turned out to be a piece of shit in the end. He's now in prison for beating his wife to death; when her body was found she was unrecognizable from where he beat her so bad. If I would've put that slug in his head that day; I would've saved her live in the long run.
This happened in Bloody Harlan Kentucky. I was 18 years old, and I never got my $20 back. Live and learn I guess. :neutral:

And never bring a knife to a gun fight. :wink:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Only once in 26 years of CCW.

I've walked away from more potential trouble than I can remember.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been taught never to fight for the thrill of it as in the times we are in it can go bad very quickly.
As far as the knife goes well thats why he didnt see it-the change in my left hand was to pitch in his his face if he charged me 99.9% of the people throw thier hands up when that happens have done the drill with local LEO's a hundred times-leaves the heart exposed.

And your right knives are never pretty-they are are an up close and personal way to defend yourself-BUT-if i can give someone a none lethal cut and they stop-well thats a good thing.

That being said my teacher used to tell us 'You know what pulling a knife on someone where they can see it gets you?' SHOT...If your within 5-6 ft of someone and they have not pulled their gun or just have it down by their side i could when i was younger get to them 80% of time before they could use it.

Please dont miss understand im not Bruce lee i carry a Glock 36-but i always carry a piece steel as well.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
pit bull.

owner thought it was funny that i was "scared of his [112-pound] puppy" until i casually dropped the mention that his dog was almost shot because of his own damn stupidity.

it was the first time i'd seen up close and personal the realisation of the phrase "all the color drained from his face".

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
bobehud said:
'You know what pulling a knife on someone where they can see it gets you?' SHOT...If your within 5-6 ft of someone and they have not pulled their gun or just have it down by their side i could when i was younger get to them 80% of time before they could use it.
When I took LE classes offered by my town years back they cited references that even a fat slob with a knife can cover 20' before your firearm can clear leather. They also said "Gun kills one way, knife kills always!". The town policy was simple on knives; draw one on an officer and expect to hear "Boom!" immediately after.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
red_metallic said:
bobehud said:
'You know what pulling a knife on someone where they can see it gets you?' SHOT...If your within 5-6 ft of someone and they have not pulled their gun or just have it down by their side i could when i was younger get to them 80% of time before they could use it.
When I took LE classes offered by my town years back they cited references that even a fat slob with a knife can cover 20' before your firearm can clear leather. They also said "Gun kills one way, knife kills always!". The town policy was simple on knives; draw one on an officer and expect to hear "Boom!" immediately after.
theres a demonstration video of this somewhere

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Pair of Pit Bulls from the neighbor across the street.
4th of July fireworks pissed them off, and they thought i was the source.
Both were snarling and running full tilt boogie at me.
I could tell they were not coming over to say "HI".
I grabbed the 3/4 axe i was cutting some wood with and was ready to split the female wide open if they didn't stop. They veered off about 12-15 feet from me and went back home. Still worries me what might have happened
if one of my 19 month old twins had been out in the yard with me.

Too close for comfort.

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
In Norfolk, VA A car blocked another car leaving a gas station, two street pharmacists began to square off, I had already moved Jenny from her holster to under my leg in a more readily available position. I thought I was going to have to fight my way out, but I just did a little country boy driving and got back on I-64.

Second time was on the outskirts of Richmond, VA, A fine citizen began screaming profanities at a cleark because he forgot to play pick 3 and his number came up. I was in the rear of the store and I took concealment behind some chips. Strangley, a squared away guy was behind the ice cream chest. I never knew if he was packing or not, but I suspect he was. No one else noticed our actions and no weapons were produced. Given the choice I'd rather be a good witness than a shooter.

Lastly, about 2 weeks ago, I took up the slack in my glock on a mope that produced a knife on a consent search for some drugs. He doesn't know how close he came.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another pit bull story that doesn't surprise me.We are trying to ban them within city limits here.A kid or two gets torn up every year it seems.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Father was in WW2 and Korea he NEVER told war stories and when someone young asked him if ever killed someone he always just glared at them.
When i got older went in the service myself -took up a few hobbies-he always told me chance favors the prepared.But he told me even if you are doing nothing wrong and you have to take a life you will carry it with you the rest of your life so be certain because there are just some things you cant take back.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Defending my life was an, almost, daily occurance between 1985 and 1999.

I'm a firm believer in the term "What does'nt kill you makes you stronger" :wink:

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Back when I was in college(ohio state), me and my roommate were sitting on our porch, about 3 in the morning. It must have been a football saturday because for some reason I wasnt shitfaced at 3am. Football saturdays usually entail drinking heavily in the morning, watching a afternoon game, followed by more drinking and passing out early, only to wake up in the middle of the night. Anyhow, this kid comes running down the sidewalk, followed by two other gentleman, who have caught up to him and proceeded to tackle him in our front yard and started beating the shit out of him. It took me a second to realize this was really happening, ran inside and grabbed my FN highpower, only gun at the time, and came back out, told the two guys to get off him, police are on the way(roommate was calling), get off my yard ect... One of them started to charge the porch, I fired two shots into the bushes, he stopped in his tracks. Im sure I said something like "the next ones wont miss". They talked some more shit and walked away. The cops never did show up.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Re: Whats the closest you ever been to having to stop a thre

bobehud said:
Me-It was over a friggin free oil change-yep free oil change

I work in the automotive industry and the corp i was working had a promo where these annoying people would knock on your door and say HEY there for $20.00 you get 4 free oil changes.We at the local level were unaware they were doing this real bad situation.We were buried by these things and of course everyone that had these wanted it done NOW right now.The company
only did a few oil changes we were a full service shops.

I was in one of our rougher stores and a lady came in with a late model SUV that requires you to take off several steel skid plates to get to the filter.Thats
why the coupon said MOST cars and trucks.When i explained to her that hers was going to cost $30 in labor i thought she was going to kill the manager.So as is company policy we just did it.

Next day late in the day im in the store helping the new manager shut things down and in comes this red faced guy about 6 4 250 jacked up and shouting and yelling asking for 'Bob'-me- I was on the phone behind the counter he reached over ripped the phone from my hands and then pulled the cord out of the phone while holding unto the receiver .We have about a 4 ft tall counter and a narrow passage that allows acess to the office area.I get a strong smell of whiskey not beer and this guy is ramping himself up about how he is going to beat me to death with the phone,etc,etc.The entire time im trying to talk him down as i had done a hundred times before in my life-He wasnt haveing it.

I always carry a razor sharp knife with at lest a 4" blade and i teach 'knife skills' at the school i have been a member for 20 yrs.Have trained in Kali
forever.So i turn blade style to him and get my knife open but along my back support leg where it cannot be seen and i start praying in my head 'dear god please dont make me have to kill this guy over a free oil change' i reach into my leading leg pocket a grab and handful of change and put my hand up and start telling this guy this isnt going to go down like this 'please stop' i had dialed 911 on my cell and had it on the back counter open the whole time.Im beggin this guy to stop i dont want to do this.So i make sure the only way he can get to me is thru that narrow ass
slit in the counter and he starts at me-and 3 of the county mountys pull up
with the lights on.

Come to find out he had several warrants and went away in bracelets,his wife called me and cursed me out for sending her hubby to jail.

If guess when it gets right down to it you never really know when or what will put you in spot where you have to decide.I was not goin to let this guy blugden me with a phone receiver he was drunk beyond reason and i had to make a choice.I still thank God i didnt have to do it.

Damn dude, if only you knew :sad:

Personaly, I look at it like this when loaning money...only loan what you'rew willing to loose. If they pay me back, fine, if they don't it was worth the money to find out what type a person they really are. They also tend to think twice about asking for money again since they still owe you from the last time.

·
Registered
351 Posts
wingnut308 said:
Back when I was in college(ohio state), me and my roommate were sitting on our porch, about 3 in the morning. It must have been a football saturday because for some reason I wasnt shitfaced at 3am. Football saturdays usually entail drinking heavily in the morning, watching a afternoon game, followed by more drinking and passing out early, only to wake up in the middle of the night. Anyhow, this kid comes running down the sidewalk, followed by two other gentleman, who have caught up to him and proceeded to tackle him in our front yard and started beating the shit out of him. It took me a second to realize this was really happening, ran inside and grabbed my FN highpower, only gun at the time, and came back out, told the two guys to get off him, police are on the way(roommate was calling), get off my yard ect... One of them started to charge the porch, I fired two shots into the bushes, he stopped in his tracks. Im sure I said something like "the next ones wont miss". They talked some more shit and walked away. The cops never did show up.
No threat story. Just wanted to comment about wingnut308 story

I went Ohio State between the years 89-93. Lived off of East High street I had more problems at that school in those 4 years than I have my entire life. 2 burglaries, 1 arson and one major assault by 13 guys. I got "rolled" in front of Long's book store. I had 2 eyes swelled shut from the beating 5 days before finals :shock: Suprisingly I did well on my finals eventhough I couldn't study at all. I believe the 2 African-American profs gave me A's because they felt bad about the situation with the fine inner-city folk :grin:

Till this day I still hate the city of Columbus. Campus was a shithole back then. I still love my Buckeyes though :wink:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SVORay excuse me but i dont understand--if i only knew what?
Not being rude i just dont understand the statement.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts