AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved and am trying to figure out the best way to receive ammo in my new apartment. The UPS/FEDEX guys leave packages outside our doors, so that is obviously unacceptable for ammunition. I don't want it stolen and I certainly don't want my neighbors and/or complex staff seeing it. I also usually have to sign for ammo shipments, and my schedule doesn't allow for that.

Is anyone in a similar situation?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the idea of picking it up at the distro center. Do you have to arrange that with the shipper or UPS/FEDEX?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I usually have all ammo delivered to my work. Before, the UPS man will not leave it without a signature if I have it delivered at the condo and I was not there to receive it. Therefore, I had to go and pick it up next day at the UPS delivery center. Having it sent me at work is a much better arrangement.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i had a fedex guy just leave two cases of 12 gauge at my doorstep once even though it should have been signed for. luckily i heard the thud when he just dropped it at the door. with UPS, i was told i could pick a case of x39 up at a UPS store but the store refused to accept it because its open to the public or some bull. i ended getting it at the nearest delivery warehouse. unfortunately i work in a state that doesn't allow online ammo sales so i can't take advantage of the discounted company shipping. all in all its a PITA, but it could always be worse.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I usually have all ammo delivered to my work. Before, the UPS man will not leave it without a signature if I have it delivered at the condo and I was not there to receive it. Therefore, I had to go and pick it up next day at the UPS delivery center. Having it sent me at work is a much better arrangement.
The UPS guy is supposed to get a signature at a multi-family residential building/complex. If the apartment/condo office is not set up to accept packages the driver either makes 3 attempts or the customer signs an info notice so they can driver release it.

OP, you could get a postal box at a non-USPS location and have it sent there if you can't get it at work or pony up a couple bucks for a MyUPS package intercept if you're using UPS and have it delivered to the nearest "UPS Store" but that will more than likely add 1 day to your delivery time. You can also have the shipper put a "hold for pickup" on the package and it will be held at your local UPS customer center which is free.

The UPS Store may not take ammo depending on who runs it, they're all franchises so the people working/running them are different and like to institute their own policies. None of them will take firearms.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aww, the hell with it. There's a gun show in two weeks. I'll just stock up there.

Thanks, everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts