AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We''ll I'd say about $500 in mine and I can't make a decision what the hell to do with it ! I have an HDI built Romy G and a Beretta Storm that is set up as a home defense gun and just about 2000 rnds. of each caliber. Now with the election close by and if by chance the "wrong " guy wins would you @. buy a yugo folder now as maybe an investment because you STILL can or b. buy more 762 ammo. just to feed the one you already posess. If I ever win or come into a large some of money I might as well hire a shrink 'cause I have a very bad addiction. Somebody sway me one way or the other so I can at least be happy with your decision and enjoy the rest my holiday weekend !!!! My god if I came into a large sum of money I'd definitely need a shrink.........

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
My suggestion? Give me the money and end your suffering! :razz:

Seriously? Unless you have your heart set on something in particular, I'd go with more ammo. Maybe a few extra magazines while you're at it. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
+1 on the ammo.

Who knows what the future holds for surplus, and the fairly cheap imported stuff. Buy it now.

·
Super Moderator
26,067 Posts
Ammo!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
i had cash in mine this morning but i paid my builder for my polish underfold. he did a great job!!!!!

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
1. It is summer, and ammo prices are going down.

2. After the barrel ban and the ATF harassment, rifle builders are in trouble and kits are drying up and good barrels are hard to find to use to build with.

3. Rifle prices have been increasing of late, so have kit prices.

I would definitely go for a rifle... yes, an underfolder. I would spend a little more and get a Polish or Hungarian underfolder simply due to the hammer forged chrome lined barrel... but there is nothing wrong with the Century Yugos. Some of them have had a problem with the safety riding up over the top cover, which is a quick and easy fix.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With three out of four saying ammo is the winner I'm leaning that direction, hell I can only shoot one gun at a time anyway. Getting proficiant with one weapon should my main goal. WOW what a load off my shoulders, this AK thing can be very addicting . At least it's not lonely here on the "dark side" ! :smile: When that's mastered maybe then I can justify purchasing something else down the road with the wifes approval of course :grin: thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With three out of four saying ammo is the winner I'm leaning that direction, hell I can only shoot one gun at a time anyway. Getting proficiant with one weapon should my main goal. WOW what a load off my shoulders, this AK thing can be very addicting . At least it's not lonely here on the "dark side" ! :smile: When that's mastered maybe then I can justify purchasing something else down the road with the wifes approval of course :grin: thanks

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
+1,000

Hold off on ammo buys, ammo will be cheaper as the dollar gains against the euro.

Buy a Yugo under folder!!!

Q-gunner2 said:
1. It is summer, and ammo prices are going down.

2. After the barrel ban and the ATF harassment, rifle builders are in trouble and kits are drying up and good barrels are hard to find to use to build with.

3. Rifle prices have been increasing of late, so have kit prices.

I would definitely go for a rifle... yes, an underfolder. I would spend a little more and get a Polish or Hungarian underfolder simply due to the hammer forged chrome lined barrel... but there is nothing wrong with the Century Yugos. Some of them have had a problem with the safety riding up over the top cover, which is a quick and easy fix.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I vote Underfolder.

But then I enjoy having to decide which one is going to the range with me.

Oh who am I kiddin'? I take both. :twisted: that way if I'm shooting like crap with one I sit it down and pick up the other - but thats just me.

Ammo comes and goes and prices fluctuate. But my two AK's are constant.

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you already have ammo in reserve of 2k, I'd definitely go with the gun. If looking at the two as an investment, the value of the gun is much more than that of the ammo.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my decision was made to purchase the ammo at this time and I talked my wife into letting me buy another gun come x-mas. Thanks for all the replies....life is good !!! Happy Holidays HA !! :grin:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Course if Century headspaces that rifle the way they headspaced mine, he's going to have real problems. It's supposedly fixed now. I'll run a couple of magazines through it tomorrow and find out real fast. :neutral:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts