AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to get one. It was made in Egypt I believe in 97'. It has the German stock set (brownish red, bumps all over it). What do these usually run. What would be a good price?

Thanks

·
Technical Advisor
15,601 Posts
Steyr pre-ban is collector and expensive
ARM, RML, PARS are OK rifles.
MISR 90 is bad (mixmaster),
MISR 10 is OK.

With East German furniture it is a negative IMHO. Check to see if it has compliance (US) parts. Canted sights and trigger slap can be an issue as well. Many had turned down muzzles and can only be threded in 1/2 28 if you want a muzzle break.
They run about the same as the WASR rifles in the condition you describe $325 to $400. IMHO.
Pretty good rifles overall but their early reputation as good Soviet replica rifles was based on the Steyr models which were pre-ban. The post ban rifles are fair. Finish is usually paint that comes off fairly easily.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says:

MISR S/A(semi auto?) AKM

I believe he wants upwards of $700.00

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ak_nut said:
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64823

I just bought this one wich I felt wasa steal...My 5th maadi :grin:
Nice. Any plans to remove the thumb hole stock?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
JediMindTricks said:
ak_nut said:
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64823

I just bought this one wich I felt wasa steal...My 5th maadi :grin:
Nice. Any plans to remove the thumb hole stock?
Yea I will..But you know what...That rifle feels really good with that stock on there..

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Im thinking it just may stay in that box unbanned/unfired.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
JediMindTricks said:
It says:

MISR S/A(semi auto?) AKM

I believe he wants upwards of $700.00
You're at a carnival and the guy wants to show you the Turtle Boy from the deepest, darkest, bayous of Lousiana...don't walk, RUN away from that price. The MISR S/A I would put in the OK to fair category in AKBLUE's rundown.

Next in line to the Steyr preban are the ARM rifles from Intrac, and even they shouldn't be going for near that much. $500 and change if everything is complete and new. I'd upgrade these to "good".

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
It would take alot more than 500.00 to pry this baby out of my hands. It's an Intrac, mint with the extra Y, and Tantal Russian furiture. The Intrac's are the closes to the Steyr's.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Well yeah, you got that purdy Russian furniture on it. I kept mine Egyptian and paid 4 and change, although I had to spend close to a $100 for a stock set from Parsi.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I understand ak_nuts logic here, keep it mint, heck three out of my four rarely see daylite, while the fourth is my go to AK.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts