AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Closed

I'm wanting to sell some 7.62x54r ammo and I for the life of me don't know what a fair price per round is in today's market.

I have Chinese copper washed that's stamped one of the following: 9611/78 or 71/79
I'm thinking that all of this is 147gr FMJ

I have some Hungarian steel cased, cooper wash coated 149gr stamped: 21/89

If anyone can help me, it would much appreciated as I can't find ANY Chinese or Hungarian 7.62x54r ammo for sale. Thx

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
$50.00 per 20rd bundle 5 years ago. $5.00-$7.00 rd. now IF you can find it

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
WOW!! I wasn't worried about finding it! I have some I want to sell! Had no idea it went up so high. Thanks!!
lol...post it here with pics and see. Not much API in circulation these days and the price is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
IMO the only coveted 54r surplus is Czech light ball and 7n1. Most anything else is worth .18-25 a round.

What state are you in?

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
IMO the only coveted 54r surplus is Czech light ball and 7n1. Most anything else is worth .18-25 a round.

What state are you in?
Armor Piercing Incendiary is in a category all it's own. The Czech and 7n1 are very diserable for me, but the Bulgarian is an acceptable second or third choice...IMHO

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yeah I agree the Bulgarian stuff is really good. I think these more recent imports of good quality Bulgarian and Russian 54r has kept the price down on less common, dried up varieties of past imports. When you can get Bulgarian or Russian 54r for $.22 per round delivered, why would say Chinese or Polish be worth much if any more? Just my take. I didn't mean to say all surplus 54r is equal in quality, just mostly equal in value.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
are you sure thats chinese API?

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Soviet bullet colors but the head stamp appears to be PRC/Chinese.....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
According to this chart, the "71" head stamp is China ammo, and underneath it, show the different types of bullets, which identifies the ammo that I have as "API".
Besides, I had no reason to doubt the guy that I bought it from, but............

I haven't tried the magnet trick yet, but I will this afternoon. If it's a true armor piercing round a magnet will not stick to it, but it will stick to a penetrator round.
A armor piercing round has a rod of tungsten which is not magnetic.

7.62x54r Ammunition Identification

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I understand and the link I sent you is very informative. Glad we're all on the same page. :)

thats why Im asking ;)

I thought it was russian, but no one told me any different. I dont care one way or the other to be honest, just want to make sure I have my facts straight. thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
According to this chart, the "71" head stamp is China ammo, and underneath it, show the different types of bullets, which identifies the ammo that I have as "API".
Besides, I had no reason to doubt the guy that I bought it from, but............

I haven't tried the magnet trick yet, but I will this afternoon. If it's a true armor piercing round a magnet will not stick to it, but it will stick to a penetrator round.
A armor piercing round has a rod of tungsten which is not magnetic.

7.62x54r Ammunition Identification
one of the numbers is the factory the ammo was made, the other number is the year of manufacturer. Im not sure which is which in this case.

Those numbers have nothing to do (that I'm aware of) with what bullet finally gets loaded into the case.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
"71" is the arsenal "China" and "55" is the year. Usually the "make" stamped over the "year of production". As far as I know also, the 2 numbers have nothing to do w/ bullet type.

one of the numbers is the factory the ammo was made, the other number is the year of manufacturer. Im not sure which is which in this case.

Those numbers have nothing to do (that I'm aware of) with what bullet finally gets loaded into the case.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts