AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have them packed away and not easily accessible. Does anyone know the years for the G marked Romanian kits? The reason I ask is that I obtained one 1986 non-G romanian kit from interordnance a couple years ago, totally and vastly superior to the G marked kits. This company http://www.htownimports.com/partskits.html says they have the '80s kits and I want some the of the non-G romanian kits if these are what they are talking about. Are the G marked kits in the '80s too, or are they '60s and '70s? I'm just trying to tell them apart by the year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i want to say mine was 86, im at work and cannot look at the momment.

Ronald

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reply:

"Hello I just looked On the barrel assemble, I have both ones with G and Non G markings, Please let me know which ones you would like , thanks! "

INTERESTING

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
I have 12 Romanian kits, with 9 of them being 1986 production, 2 being 1982 production, and 1 being 1977 production. All of my "unissued" kits are the 1986 kits. All are marked with the orange "G"

Hope this helps.

[ETA] I checked out that page, and the picture for the "non pistol foregrip" Romanian AK kit is actually a pic of a FEG-85 Hungarian kit. Note that the Romanian underfolder pic is an underfolder with an East German lower handguard.

His prices seem a bit high too. Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'd be curious to see what that guy is actually selling for underfolders. As far as prices, he's selling the same Romys everyone else has for $20-$30 more.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"

Hello,

The ones that are not marked G are the Underfolding Buttstock, Those are $175.00 Each. The striat stock are marked G BUT ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION!

PS. These are the last of ALL parts kits, DUE TO GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS THEY ARE NO LONGER BEING IMPORTED!
The one with the forward grip have been saw cut, and are in EXCELLENT CONDITION, The barrel is in VERY GOOD condition CHROME, ( I just tried to insert a 7.62x39mm round, and the tip DID NOT go in all the way in!) The furniture looks GREAT! The kits with out the fore grip have been torch cut as well, They to are in EXCELLENT CONDITION, but not as good as these kits! I would rather send you the one with the fore grip, I am sure that you will love it! ( THESE ARE NOT THE OLD 1967 STYLE AK, BUT THE NEW SLEEK, AND SHARP LOOKING M1986 "THEY ARE REALLY BEAUTIFUL!) "

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
I know that one of my G kits is an '81.

I'll have to check the other G kits that I have.

ETA: The one that I just received was an '80.

DK

1 - 20 of 35 Posts