AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As in capital? Seriously How great would it be if there was an American ammo on the same level as Wolf? No bullshit, no backorder, just an American factory turning out millions and millions of rounds of 76239,545,556.

I think one place Wolf screwed up was branching out into so many different calibers. Why buy wolf 9x19 for more that Rem-UMC?

So what would it take to set up an ammo factory in the US? Not that Im in a position to do so, just daydreaming. What kind of managerial/marketing ideas wouls you have for making it work?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I believe Wolf amunition is produced by the Tula Cartrige Works ammunition factory which was a state run millitary ammunition plant. That facillity is huge, has a well established process of manufacturing ammunition since 1880. They have had the backing of one of the worlds great powers in the development of thier facility. It would be like Lake City going commercial and selling ammo! They have had to find other markets for thier products because their domestic need is not so high after the end of the cold war. They can produce ammunition so cheaply and so efficeintly that it would not be realistic to even try to duplicate it here in the U.S. It would be cool though! :cool:

http://tcwammo.tula.ru/koi/english/main.html

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IEDmagnet said:
I believe Wolf amunition is produced by the Tula Cartrige Works ammunition factory which was a state run millitary ammunition plant. That facillity is huge, has a well established process of manufacturing ammunition since 1880. They have had the backing of one of the worlds great powers in the development of thier facility. It would be like Lake City going commercial and selling ammo! They have had to find other markets for thier products because their domestic need is not so high after the end of the cold war. They can produce ammunition so cheaply and so efficeintly that it would not be realistic to even try to duplicate it here in the U.S. It would be cool though! :cool:

I know, Im just getting tired of their russian bullshit. :punch:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hear ya man! They just like opec are deliberatly holding back on ammo to drive up the cost...imho :mad:

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
IEDmagnet said:

OMG! lets set up a group buy for 3,000,000 rounds of 7.62! :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AKLover_91 said:
IEDmagnet said:

OMG! lets set up a group buy for 3,000,000 rounds of 7.62! :cool:
I guess you could put me down for a case. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
RUMOR HAS IT THAT ...

... LAKE CITY is pumping out 762x39 . they made M67 type ammo in the past by coppyed a LAPUA BULLET and apparently so did the YUGOSLAVIANS . the only advantage is the boxer reloadable brass . they specify copper and/or GCS bullet jackets . download this before it goes away ...

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/uploade ... LCball.jpg

i liked the last batch of 762x39 BrownBear FMJ made by barnaul much better for the price (then) and the 'improved' M67 bullet without base indent and tipspace .

i dont think you could come close too WOLFS price with your own ammo factory unless you muscled your way into some massive amounts of barginbasement / closeout components .

:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
It might be a possibility, the limitation is the cartridge case drawing machinery and the opportunity may be sitting right there in Russia or Eastern Europe right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts