AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. The police are not legally liable to protect you
2. The government can't protect you (just ask the Katrina victims)
3. Shelters suck (even though you should have a map ready to give to your unprepared neighbors)
4. Your neighbors will come to your house looking for handouts (give them the map)
5. Your local government think they have a right to your stash in an emergency
6. If fuel is scarce the security forces will take it by force (this tactic was used in Iraq)
7. Granny's will be unarmed and forced into a shelter against their will (Katrina again)
7. Delta Force and Seal Teams will shoot people with weapons and quietly slip away (never heard about that on the news from Katrina, did you?)
8. Good guys use AR's and shotguns, bad guys use AK's (please don't kill me, this was the attitude in New Orleans)
9. Weapons and pets are unwelcome in shelters or refugee areas(you will be searched prior to entry)

What else? MV out!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I know is they had a sniper problem and the news said they were sending in some Delta operators. The next thing you know, there was no longer a sniper problem and it wasn't mentioned anymore. Tinfoil hat if you want to, but I'm not flashing weapons in an emergency unless I plan to use them. MV out!

·
Registered
621 Posts
My brother is stationed out there and Stayed through both hurricanes and told me the same thing. That they had delta and seals out there doing "stuff" at night. Said he didnt know what they were doing exactly but they were there. Also said that they were finding people that had been shot when nobody heard gunfire.

·
Registered
621 Posts
From what I gathered there was no. invading homes. More sniper/countersniper and these guys sneaking around on the streets looking for people doing no good. I have mived emotions about it, My zero tolerance side says shoot em on the spot. But my We the people side says they have a right to a fair trial........Unless they point a gun at ya, then they had thier trial.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And don't forget it is illegal to use military force against US citizens.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to believe they were hunting the guys shooting at helicopters since the Feds were involved in rescuing people. If that is all they did, I have a hard time feeling sorry for the bad guys. When the disaster situation was federalized, this probably took care of the Posse Comitatus problem. Either way I would be careful showing my weapons in an emergency. MV out!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
And don't forget it is illegal to use military force against US citizens.
Illegal??

To protect against all enemies foriegn and domestic?

If they see a "person" as a so called threat to our nation then I wouldn't doubt if ther where authorized to take such action.

(Note I didn't say I agree with it, but then again I know I don't have enough info to make a sound judgement)

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Buddy of mine who's a PMC, prior Navy, prior LE, prior Blackwater, now more freelance.

Sent me this when all the shit was going on down there. I blacked out his face.

I never thought I'd see it in the USA, but he told me it was just another Third World Shithole.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe I misunderstood the prohibitions and limitations of the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878. Here's a brief discription from the Coast Guard.

"POSSE COMITATUS ACT" (18 USC 1385): A Reconstruction Era criminal law proscribing use of Army (later, Air Force) to "execute the laws" except where expressly authorized by Constitution or Congress. Limit on use of military for civilian law enforcement also applies to Navy by regulation. Dec '81 additional laws were enacted (codified 10 USC 371-78) clarifying permissible military assistance to civilian law enforcement agencies--including the Coast Guard--especially in combating drug smuggling into the United States. Posse Comitatus clarifications emphasize supportive and technical assistance (e.g., use of facilities, vessels, aircraft, intelligence, tech aid, surveillance, etc.) while generally prohibiting direct participation of DoD personnel in law enforcement (e.g., search, seizure, and arrests). For example, Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachments (LEDETS) serve aboard Navy vessels and perform the actual boardings of interdicted suspect drug smuggling vessels and, if needed, arrest their crews). Positive results have been realized especially from Navy ship/aircraft involvement.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Like Montana Vet said when the situation down there got Federalized that probably took care of the POSSE COMITATUS ACT.

But I will say you schooled me on this one.

I read it different, to me the wording is everything.

"while generally prohibiting direct participation of DoD personnel in law enforcement"

But good info though, info I wasn't aware of.

·
Registered
41 Posts
"NEVER think fed.org puts YOUR best interest ahead of THEIRS"
nowadays, it's "to the people" not "for the people". they have private underground bunkers, we have plastic and duct tape.

you don't have to be a terrorist to lose your rights, they just need to say you are.

they have private, gated communities with security and body guards. we have gun laws.

your best friend is the one that watches you in the mirror every morning. he is also the only that can keep a secret and most likely to be trusted/counted on in adverse situations.

you have what you have, there will be no "resupply by air".

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Soldier48, the president does have the right to suspend the Posse Comitatus act. Reagan did it in 1987 allowing Delta operators to intervene in the Atlanta prison riots. Clinton may have signed a waivor during the siege on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco Texas. I do know that the National Guard and the Coast Guard are exempt because they report to their respective state governments.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As far as I know, the Marine Corps is not covered under Posse Comitatus, but I could be mistaken.

Katrina was definitely a glimpse into the future. You can bet on this: The Feds will do all of the evil they want, as much as they want, "for the common good" until they run out of men, comms, and supplies. Avoid them at all costs when TSHTF.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
#5950 said:
As far as I know, the Marine Corps is not covered under Posse Comitatus, but I could be mistaken.
I believe the Marine Corp is covered under the Posse Com. Act also. That is why the Navy uses Coast Guard LEO's on Navy ships in US waters instead of Marine Corp.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sec. 375. Restriction on direct participation by military personnel:

The Secretary of Defense shall prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to ensure that any activity (including the provision of any equipment or facility or the assignment or detail of any personnel) under this chapter does not include or permit direct participation by a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The thing about the marine corps is that they are the presidents "DO boys" if you will. They are the only branch of the military that the pres can send in to a war/hostile situation with out congressional approval and than only for 90 days (I believe). Funny thing about it is were supposed to be the presidents security, You know you see the guy in dress blues standing my Marine 1 and air force 1 when the president boards. Hes just there to look good. If someone was to shoot at the president and said marine was to pull his sidearm........The secret service would waer him out. Its the secret services job to protect him....anyone seen with a weapon at a time when an assassination attempt is taking place on the president is considered an attacker and will be dealt with as such. Thats what I was told my a former presidential guard....I asked him about a pic he had of him while clinton was boarding marine 1. I asked what he sould do if someone tried to shoot him, It being clinton, He said "You see those stars?" pointing to the stairs boarding the chopper. "Yes" I said. "I would be hiding under there!" "!?!?!?!?!" <--Thats the puzzled look I gave him, From what I knew of him he was hard as nails! He then explained the above to me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts