AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is described as an E. German 20rd. I'm leaning more toward Chinese w/the flat back.

Caliber?

This is the only pic I have. Sorry if it isn't enough.

How much would they typically demand?

I'm assuming that they would be for the AK74...Correct?

Thanks,

DK

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it. I was thinking that they were not quite 20rds. and that they were definately Norinco.

DK

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah, Norinco type 84S mags...

Pretty desirable. I think they'd go for a bit more, $20-$25 (certainly not over $25).

Lollygagger :neutral: (wish I had a couple to go with my 30 & 40 rounders)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
This place is getting $20 for them, but you have to deal with the funky follower. edited to add: These are a little different

buymilsurp.com

·
Registered
153 Posts
FYI

Brought this old thread back with a comparison photo (not the greatest but it should be sufficient :razz: )...

The magazine in the last pic from Mr. Kube's website is a Norinco 5 round model. Just for comparison's sake the completely gutted 5 round mag in my pic holds 18 rounds (#19 sticking out). The 5 round mag is essentially a cut down 30 and contains exactly half the 30 round spring. The 15 round (2 rib) mag in the center has an equal amount of spring although somewhat more compressed. Every mag in the pic has been extensively used, I have no means of measuring the springs but the 15 rounder feels far less robust than the 5 and 30 round models.

Tried the 15 round guts in the 5 round mag and made for an exact 10 rounder (only hand fed) but essentially cutting the follower on the 5 rounder to the size on the 15/30 should make for a decent 10 round alternative. Maybe even 15? I'm not gonna try. :wink: One thing's for sure, 20 just ain't gonna happen!

EDIT: To add/clarify The 5 round mags as pictured should easily go 10 rounds reliably. I tore these down to look into making 20's of the 'aftermarket' 15's from a thread in the Chinese forum. I'm sure that's quite possible and I'm sure it's been done over the years but after inspecting 2 more 15's I'm leaving them as they are. I'd rather have 20 reliable rounds from a 'beater' bakelite 74 mag. Any first-hand experiences messing with these combos is of interest, the 15's I have seem 'less than mil-spec' compared to the 5's and 30's. Anyway, I'd hate to see anyone shell out $20+ S&H for 5 round mags thinking they might get 15-20 reliably. Better off buying 20's/30's from Kvar for the money. (No beef with the dude selling 5's as 15-20's, just wanted to show the impossibility of 20 rounds from the 5 round configuration) :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts