AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I was asking myself the same question today. Thank God they legalized pot so everyone can get stoned to help them get past this.
Evening news and witness said a shotgun which means it will end up being an "Assault Shotgun" or AR before this is over.
Time to put the entire state on bottled water.

I feel saddened for our brothers in Colorado that have fought the "Good Fight". The media will wear this out in light of the other shootings.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Was it an AR that is really a shotgun in the car that wasn't used in the crime?

·
Banned
950 Posts
CNN; "Not even six months after the NRA lead anti-gun recall elections are the streets of Colorado being washed in blood once more..."

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
CNN; "Not even six months after the NRA lead anti-gun recall elections are the streets of Colorado being washed in blood once more..."
Motive. But who benefits? Things to think about...

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I was just listening to a podcast and they were talking about how in colorado there is an abnormally high amount of suicides happening. They did a bunch of studies and found the only reasonable solution, based on the findings, was that the elevation was causing them..... take it for what its worth. Ill try to find the podcast that it was.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Higher elevation = less oxygen, which can cause all kinds of things.

I was just listening to a podcast and they were talking about how in colorado there is an abnormally high amount of suicides happening. They did a bunch of studies and found the only reasonable solution, based on the findings, was that the elevation was causing them..... take it for what its worth. Ill try to find the podcast that it was.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Probably one of those GlockARfullyautomaticshotgun's with a 50 round "clip". I read an article that stated this douche had a bunch of anti-conservative post's on his FB page. Imagine that.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I live a few blocks from Columbine high and about 8 miles from Arapahoe High school. I work about 2 miles from the Aurora theater. I think the problem started in the early 90s when we were flooded in this area with people from California. When I bought a new home here in 1994, 60% of the new people in our neighborhood were from California. More recently there has been a second wave of East Coast liberals, which is why Colorado is now a blue state. Denver itself is flooded with Urban, Yuppie liberals and illegal immigrants looking for the government to be their daddy. The old, libertarian natives that made this state what it was are now few and far between. I retire in about 3 years and plan on getting out.

·
Registered
678 Posts
The media started getting everyone excited a few days ago about the upcoming anniversary of one of their favorite things... the Newtown incident. This idiot today is a copy-cat retard that was stimulated by the media making a big deal about the anniversary. If the media would tone it down and let awful things die, then this kind of thing would be much less prevalent.
The Newtown shooter was himself awakened and excited by the media's sensationalism about other mass shootings.
The media should be held accountable.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
The media started getting everyone excited a few days ago about the upcoming anniversary of one of their favorite things... the Newtown incident. This idiot today is a copy-cat retard that was stimulated by the media making a big deal about the anniversary. If the media would tone it down and let awful things die, then this kind of thing would be much less prevalent.
The Newtown shooter was himself awakened and excited by the media's sensationalism about other mass shootings.
But that wouldn't be good for ratings! I feel the same way. Both local and national news followed the Arapahoe shooter story with Newtown and Columbine reports. Let it die. It's bad enough we're bombarded with violence in mass media, we don't need to be reminded of it's real life equivalent every time some asshat decides to emulate the mad dogs perpetrators.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I live a few blocks from Columbine high and about 8 miles from Arapahoe High school. I work about 2 miles from the Aurora theater. I think the problem started in the early 90s when we were flooded in this area with people from California. When I bought a new home here in 1994, 60% of the new people in our neighborhood were from California. More recently there has been a second wave of East Coast liberals, which is why Colorado is now a blue state. Denver itself is flooded with Urban, Yuppie liberals and illegal immigrants looking for the government to be their daddy. The old, libertarian natives that made this state what it was are now few and far between. I retire in about 3 years and plan on getting out.
You beat me to it!!! I was about to say something nearly identical.

We sold our place at Walking Stick in Pueblo last summer and moved to AZ - SO much happier! You should come down here, you'll love it!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Agree 100%. These dickhead shooters become as famous as any celebrity. The media just keeps pounding the drum. Witness all the new talk about gun control. Asshats!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I havent been out of school all that long, graduated in 06. All the public schools in this county have or atleast had, I dont know if they still do but they had school resource officers. Basically 2 local deputies or local police that would be on campus during school hours everyday. Theyd roam around on foot or in golf carts and could be anywhere in the school in about a minute. In the event of bomb threats or a kid with a weapon or if someone was injured or whatever they were there almost instantly to handle the situation. I always felt fairly safe knowing that 2 armed deputies were at school all the time with us. Up until the Newtown shooting I assumed most if not all schools in the country and the rest of the state had resource officers aswell. It would seem strange not to. But I guess I was wrong. Why dont schools elsewhere have resource officers? Do people not care about their kids safety? All I can think is that they dont. I can think of so many times that those officers saved someones life or stopped a bad situation before it got out of hand or even prevented it altogether. It doesnt make sense to me to not have that sort of security measure in place, especially when it concerns people's kids. Hand radios for teachers to communicate with the 2 roving deputies or private security officers on site and you have a pretty nice and simple security net. Just my 2cents anyway.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Stalhelm, STOP MAKING SENSE. In reality I think it boil's down to two factor's. Number one is the cost of hiring security officer's. Number two being some people consider firearm's so vile, they don't want them in school's for any reason. Sad.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
That makes a lot of sense. All things being equal, demographics are most likely the culprit. Come to Virginia. We need more libertarians over here; especially in Northern Virginia. We're getting an influx of liberals from the north, which are turning our commonwealth purple. Fortunately, Virginia is too far east for most Californians to migrate.

Heterogeneity appears to be the main culprit behind crime. If one looks at very homogeneous countries like Japan and the Scandinavian nations, all kinds of crime is typically low in those places. The more ethnically diverse a society, the higher the crime rate...in general.

More controversially, average measured intelligence may also have something to do with it, which is why certain homogeneous countries buck the trend. In the nations with homogeneous populations, high crime, and lower average intelligence, lower level differences become excuses for violence (e.g., tribal affiliation, religion, family group).

Phil

1 - 20 of 26 Posts