AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm... Let me try to explain what it looks like.

Appears blued - Kinda has one of those funny airsoft/pellet gun folding stocks. Bakelite furniture...You guys know what I'm talking about yet? :twisted: Not a piece meal Chinese either :razz:

Picking it up this weekend if I can get to the bank. Oh yea, it costs more than 1 trip to the ATM machine.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ran into a beauty a few gun shows ago...a doctor was selling it...$600.00.......had a slight problem......made in the USA reciever instead of the Chinese one....The infamous B-West. Gun had about 20 rounds thru it....It was so nice I should have gotten it and had the reciever hardened. All Plastic/bakelite Chinese furniture and slanted bakelite PG. One of very few AKs I still want....and got to have a milled model...just because.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OldTroop said:
Ran into a beauty a few gun shows ago...a doctor was selling it...$600.00.......had a slight problem......made in the USA reciever instead of the Chinese one....The infamous B-West. Gun had about 20 rounds thru it....It was so nice I should have gotten it and had the reciever hardened. All Plastic/bakelite Chinese furniture and slanted bakelite PG. One of very few AKs I still want....and got to have a milled model...just because.
This is a B-WEST, but the receiver is Chinese. He tempted me with it when I picked up a FAL receiver yesterday. I said no, then woke up in the middle of the night and emailed him I wanted it.
I was 'jonesin' . I'm shocked at how HEAVY it is? WTF?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
That'll work!Krinkfreak and I both have type56-2 projects at In Range,I'm suddenly in a hurry for mine :razz:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
ChiCom AK's kick much ass.

Built very solidly.......with 1.5/1.6mm receivers and AK-47 weight barrels.

Can't hurt 'em!

I miss all of mine............ :neutral:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JOHNO said:
That'll work!Krinkfreak and I both have type56-2 projects at In Range,I'm suddenly in a hurry for mine :razz:
That kit you nabbed on me!!!!! :razz:

This one is quite a bit more reddish than the pic Tim posted above. I 'Believe' it had a slant brake. I was truely impressed with the Quality of it. No joke either. I've seen NHM-91's, MAK90's, but this is right there with a Legend (my dream milled).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah Travis you got a good one......you know its bad when you cant sleep or all you can think of that certain gun LOL...nice score....we wont ask the price...unless you want to tell us :twisted:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Generally speaking I don't worry too much about rifles or have a hard time sleeping when I don't have a particular one. 'Most' can be always had or replaced. This was just one of those rifles I don't see many if any here in Wisconsin. Occasionally, I see this model or 'furniture' on one of the AK forums, but it's hard to pull a trigger on a rifle you haven't seen unless you know the member. So, after reviewing this rifle which is probably 95%+ (I'm no expert) and knowing the owner who just aquired it I just couldn't pass it up at $825. Maybe a 'little' high on price, but it is a local deal and I feel this model was worth the price. Argument on price?

Oh yea, I need the proper bayonet for it? What am I looking for?

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Nice................see if you can source the rest of the red furniture. I'm sure JOHNO can steer you in the right direction.

Also, there was a post on the old board, EE exchange of someone who had the bayonet.....lemme go look.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
I can't find it....JOHNO knows who the guy was.....

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Krinkfreak said:
Nice................see if you can source the rest of the red furniture. I'm sure JOHNO can steer you in the right direction.

Also, there was a post on the old board, EE exchange of someone who had the bayonet.....lemme go look.
The gun is 100% complete - I don't need to worry about sourcing anything except the bayonet. I even have a few Chinese Bakes to go with it. :mrgreen: Unless I'll still need something for it?

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
TravisAasen said:
Krinkfreak said:

The gun is 100% complete - I don't need to worry about sourcing anything except the bayonet. I even have a few Chinese Bakes to go with it. :mrgreen: Unless I'll still need something for it?

Hmmmmmm.........

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
TravisAasen said:
Tim, show off!

What did you use as a background for that pistol?

Not my Tok, I took it off the web.....sorry man.

I DID once own a Tula TT-33 made in '41 that was a bring back.

Guess who's dumbass sold it.............. :neutral:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Templar said:
TravisAasen said:
Tim, show off!

What did you use as a background for that pistol?

Not my Tok, I took it off the web.....sorry man.

I DID once own a Tula TT-33 made in '41 that was a bring back.

Guess who's dumbass sold it.............. :neutral:
ouch!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I just might happen to have an extra set of Chinese red bakelite handguards and curved pistol grip. :wink:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
What you have is a rare 56s-2 with a bakelight folding stock & wooden furniture. If the importer by B-West, & made in China it is very valuable.
Do not change the wooden furniture it will lose value. It should be stamped 56, or 56s-2. Some of the early ones came in mark MS than serial#. If it is not a B-West build it will be stamped made in China. Nice score! If you paid 850.00 that is a steel. I saw one sell for over 1200.00.
I only seen one selling in over a year.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sasm7 said:
What you have is a rare 56s-2 with a bakelight folding stock & wooden furniture. If the importer by B-West, & made in China it is very valuable.
Do not change the wooden furniture it will lose value. It should be stamped 56, or 56s-2. Some of the early ones came in mark MS than serial#. If it is not a B-West build it will be stamped made in China. Nice score! If you paid 850.00 that is a steel. I saw one sell for over 1200.00.
No, I don't plan to change anything out. I love it the way it is. I'm VERY traditional when it comes to my AK's. Ie. like them the way they were issued. If you ever see a flashlight / laser/ acog hanging off this AK - you have permission to kick me in the nuts. :wink:

I'm just kind of messing with these guys. I know what I have. Johno bought one about 30 seconds before I posted about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sasm7 said:
The furniture is the Red Bakelite though. Receiver is stamped made in china. I'm picking the rifle up next week. Hopefully, I'll post some pics and better detail.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts