AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a website where I can get info on what states have the most relaxed gun laws, or the least amount of them? Just wondering, because I want to move out and live their.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Exothermia said:
I haven't looked up the specifics in a while but I'm pretty sure it's Florida.
they dont even have open carry... its most certainly NOT florida.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I guess it depends on how you gauge it. When you say best gun laws, do you mean;

Laws concerning acquiring firearms and what kinds;

Laws concerning using firearms,

or laws concerning carrying firearms.

I would not consider open carry a particularly important feature. I would consider the ability to shoot an intruder with no cause other than them being there a good feature (Florida), also the lack of any kind of AWB and ease of getting a carry permit are also important.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Exothermia said:
I guess it depends on how you gauge it. When you say best gun laws, do you mean;

I would not consider open carry a particularly important feature. I would consider the ability to shoot an intruder with no cause other than them being there a good feature (Florida), also the lack of any kind of AWB and ease of getting a carry permit are also important.
particular important feature? that is what the 2nd is basically guaranteeing! a right to BEAR ARMS.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
When I was stationed in Arizona in the middle 80's you could walk into a bar with a gun in a holster on your hip,hand it to the barkeep and start a drinkin'.
No CCL nada.Then when you're good and liquored up and going to be on your way he or she would hand you your gun back and away you went.

Heard it's not like that anymore.

·
Registered
943 Posts
New Jersey, New York, California, Rhode Island, just to name a few. :lol:

Seriously, Id have to go with Alaska. I dont even think you have to have a CCW to CC.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
thirdeye said:
New Jersey, New York, California, Rhode Island, just to name a few. :lol:

Seriously, Id have to go with Alaska. I dont even think you have to have a CCW to CC.
Correct, you don't need any permit in AK to carry concealed or open. Same with Vermont. Same applies for non residents too, I can go into Vermont from my home state of MA with handguns concealed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
pennsylvania would be the best state for relaxed gun laws, you can own any weapon you want, any nfa item ya want, you can openly carry a handgun in most places, there's a handgun permit which is quiet easily to obtain, other than that shit hole they call Philadelphia, which if were annexed to another one of those Nazi control freak states rite next door i wouldn't shed a tear. pa would be the best place. :mrgreen:
BTW who's the chick in the one post two up?

·
Registered
512 Posts
catsailer40 said:
Exothermia said:

particular important feature? that is what the 2nd is basically guaranteeing! a right to BEAR ARMS.
Like I said, open carry, is not important to me. If I am going to carry, it is going to be concealed anyway. Open carry in my opinion is an invitation to either have your weapon stolen from you by an assailant or be the first one targeted by an assailant. Concealed carry gives you the advantage on both counts. Open carry offers no advantage over concealed other than perhaps intimidation - which is as likely to cause problems with civilians as it is to discourage would-be criminals.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you consider the public acceptance of guns (culture) plus, open carry, concealed carry, Knob Creek, and full NFA ownership, Then Kentucky would have to be a strong contender.

Arizona is a dandy too! :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts