AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
KVL said:
Does it have single hook like the Soviet AKM, or double like the AK-47?
double

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
KVL said:
SA58 said:
KVL said:
double
I thought that since it was a AKM, it would have a single hook.
Not all AK's are the same. In fact, most differ from country to country in subtle ways. Unless your being country specific, no general rule applies to all. In fact the Yugoslavian AK's differ more than most. The older Yugo AK's (M64 through M70 series) utilize a double hook, but I think the newer (M80, M90/95, M21) use a single hook. (If I recall)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SA58 said:
KVL said:
SA58 said:
KVL said:
double
I thought that since it was a AKM, it would have a single hook.
Not all AK's are the same. In fact, most differ from country to country in subtle ways. Unless your being country specific, no general rule applies to all. In fact the Yugoslavian AK's differ more than most. The older Yugo AK's (M64 through M70 series) utilize a double hook, but I think the newer (M80, M90/95, M21) use a single hook. (If I recall)
Doesn't the M70 AKMs also have the hammer delay device?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I'm not exactly sure which part that is so I couldn't say... but I suppose I could dig around and find some full auto parts that came out of one of my kit builds... all were double hook, rec's were cut for double hook.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
You should be able to build it using either... the Nodak Spud receiver I built mine on was cut for a single, works fine.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
It's true, either a single or double will work. All the NDS-4 and NDS-5 as well as the dedicated M90/95 receivers I got were cut for a double hook.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you think one from Red Star Arms will work? I've used Tapco G2's in all of my Romys, but since this one is nicer, I'd like to try the RSA.
Ideas?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Wyseguy said:
Do you think one from Red Star Arms will work? I've used Tapco G2's in all of my Romys, but since this one is nicer, I'd like to try the RSA.
Ideas?
Yep, it will work. You have to notch part of the safety lever, but you'll never see it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts