AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna order an AES10B next payday, what should i ask for when requesting a handpicked RPK?

1. Windage rear sight?
2. Straight sights?
3. No mag wobble?

I'm going thru J&G for the RPK.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turbothis said:
do you think they will actully test these things? :neutral:
what does this option cost?
10 bucks for a handpick fee. they don't test fire.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Definately what exo said....and have them check to make sure ALL numbers match.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I haven't looked at mine very closely but I believe it's a Century FCG. It works okay for me, no trigger slap or anything.

Here's a pic of mine by the way, after a few improvements:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exothermia said:
I haven't looked at mine very closely but I believe it's a Century FCG. It works okay for me, no trigger slap or anything.

that is VERY NICE! :hail: :hail: :hail:

what improvements did you do? :goof: :goof:

·
Registered
512 Posts
:smile:

Refinished the wood in Romanian military red, changed out the bipod for a correct Romanian military bipod, changed out the ugly Century pistol grip for Romanian military bakelite, removed the weld on the muzzle nut and added a US muzzle nut and magazine follower for 922r compliance after the grip change.

All that's left now is to refinish the metal in gunkote or something similar, which I plan to do this winter.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
lol yes, that is what i ment, does the AES10b have a ROMANIAN or US barrel on it (to make more sense ;) )

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exothermia said:
:smile:

Refinished the wood in Romanian military red, changed out the bipod for a correct Romanian military bipod, changed out the ugly Century pistol grip for Romanian military bakelite, removed the weld on the muzzle nut and added a US muzzle nut and magazine follower for 922r compliance after the grip change.

All that's left now is to refinish the metal in gunkote or something similar, which I plan to do this winter.
got any more pics? post em if you got em!

i'll probably change out the muzzle nut for a US made flash hider and i already have one of those correct romanian bipods, it does look better with those! what would be the correct color red stain for the furniture?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Here's another pic of one after I did a little work...

refinished wood and metal, added RPK bipod, replaced topcover (was cut too short), tightened up the magwell with shims. Removed the muzzle nut and installed US made birdcage FH.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Exothermia said:

What stain is that?

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's a RIT dye + alcohol stain mix I made myself. If I recall correctly, I mixed "scarlet", "wine" and "dark brown" until I got the color I was satisfied with. It took quite a while to get the mix right but eventually I got it perfect. I made enough and saved it in a jar to do a couple more furniture sets with it later if I choose.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My very first post here and I thought I'd get my feet wet and comment on how great that Romy looks. Infact, it looks so good that I'm going to order one as well. Fantastic job on that wood Exothermia :hail: . I hope it shoots as nice as it looks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts