AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my M10-22 kits a few days ago. One for me, and one for each of my sons.
Now . . . what receiver do I need to build these? I expect to run BDM WASR 22 magazines.
I don't want to have to build from a flat, but drilling trunnion holes is within my capabilities.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Any AKM receiver would work. Flat or shell might be better as they have no rails.

I am curious if the AKM rails can be made to work with the M10-22 bolt? It seems like the ejector is pretty close to where it should be.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I used an AK74 blank and had to cut the magazine opening for the BDM mags. The stock 10 is narrower and will fit. Next gun will be a 47 blank. The mags engage into the 22 ejector plate so the hole is not as imoprtant. The ejector on the 47 rail is about a 1/16 too low. I received one of my kits with a broken ejector claw and was going to weld a claw onto the 47 rail to make it function. It would have worked but Centerfire sent me a new one.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I used a NDS-2 AK74 receiver, removed the center support rivet, and ground the ejector even with the rest of the rail. After inserting the magazine guide/ejector plate/feed ramp assembly, it works fine.

A couple of things though: You need to remove the center support rivet, insert the mag guide assembly, and reinstall a new rivet (this is what holds the assembly in place. Because NDS installs the center support rivet a hair to the rear, you will have a slight gap between the assembly and the front trunnion, it does not effect function. And, you need to slide the assembly in place before you rivet the other stuff into the trunnion, as it blocks the assembly fitting in.

You may need to squeeze the top rail of the receiver together a bit to tighten the fit on the bolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts