AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
It does say that for some reason. But it works fine on stamped weapons.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
I've had some that wouldn't fit on milled aks. The milled rifles have a pistol grip nut riveted on the underside of the receivers. Some grips (like the factory yugo, like the one pictured seems to be a copy of) would not fit flush on the receiver unless you carved out the inside of the grip.

Maybe that's what kvar is talking about.

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
I've had some that wouldn't fit on milled aks. The milled rifles have a pistol grip nut riveted on the underside of the receivers. Some grips (like the factory yugo, like the one pictured seems to be a copy of) would not fit flush on the receiver unless you carved out the inside of the grip.

Except the question is the opposite., advertised as "only fits milled receivers"

It is not a Yugo grip copy., Bulgarian SAW/RPK grip. Not sure why it is listed as milled fitment only.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Thanks akblue. My response was to Richardw's post. But yes, you are correct in that my response was backwards of the original topic.

Also, I had not known that that this is in fact a Bulgarian grip. It looks like a yugo copy.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts

I don't follow what you're saying about Yugo grips.

Yugo rifles, both milled and stamped, have the grip nuts riveted to the receivers.

I think you might not know what a Yugo grip looks like.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
I don't follow what you're saying about Yugo grips.

Yugo rifles, both milled and stamped, have the grip nuts riveted to the receivers.

I think you might not know what a Yugo grip looks like.
I think I know what a yugo grip looks like....

URL=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/wooderson70/media/IMG_5874_zps177e3bf2.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Every tried putting a yugo grip on a milled Bulgarian rifle? They don't fit without carving out the inside of the grip.

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts

[/URL]

Every tried putting a yugo grip on a milled Bulgarian rifle? They don't fit without carving out the inside of the grip.
Hmmm., I have mounted a Yugo grip on a milled Bulgarian with no problem. The grip blocks are identical other than one extra rivet on the Yugo. Yugo grips also fit the AKM.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

URL=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/wooderson70/media/IMG_5874_zps177e3bf2.jpg.html]
[/URL]
Dang! Nice! Is your full screen name "22 Too Many Yugos?"

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Hmmm., I have mounted a Yugo grip on a milled Bulgarian with no problem. The grip blocks are identical other than one extra rivet on the Yugo. Yugo grips also fit the AKM.
Huh. I have 2 early milled Bulgarians that I had tried to fit extra yugo grips on with no luck. Both required carving out the inside of the grip. I don't quite remember the exact measurements but the bulgarian grip nuts were a hair bigger and enough to cause mounting problems.

Ol'sarge2k, Nice one. And yes, I do have too many yugos. :)

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
Dunno what you have there. The grip blocks on my Yugo milled, stamped and Polish milled and Bulgarian milled are virtually identical and measure .470" wide and accept A Yugo grip without issue. No big deal but that is my experience.
Before Yugo parts were widely available I swapped a Polish for a Yugo and it was a perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Dunno what you have there. The grip blocks on my Yugo milled, stamped and Polish milled and Bulgarian milled are virtually identical and measure .470" wide and accept A Yugo grip without issue. No big deal but that is my experience.
Before Yugo parts were widely available I swapped a Polish for a Yugo and it was a perfect fit.
Yeah, no big deal but now you got me wondering. I'll have to take the grips off of my milled bulgarians and measure tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts