AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know next to nothing about this MG and SBR stuff, just enough to know to steer clear of them. But my question is: what counts as an SBR? What do the rules say and where can I find them. Reason being is that I saw something at a show and it gave me an idea, but it just may go too close to SBR territory for me. The only thing that I have some idea about (or at least have heard before) is that it has to be more than 16 inches in length from the shortest non-moving part, but I really am not sure of this. Knowledge is power.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
federally a SBR is a rifle that has either a barrel length of less then 16 inches OR a overall length of less then 26 inches.

So, even if you have a legal barrel length of 16+ inches, but the OAL falls short of 26 inches, that is still a SBR.

Which gun did you see at the Berea show, that gave you a idea?

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Caligula said:
Which gun did you see at the Berea show, that gave you a idea?
So, we have us a spy...

What I saw was a maadi front end with no trunion, and it was cut down to the gas block with the FSB and RSB already installed. I figured it would make to be a pretty cool looking khyber pass but maybe with a full stock, not the side folder or possibly a pistol.

So if the barrel is less than 16" or the total length is less than 26" it is an SBR, correct?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Caligula said:
Bread is People said:
So if the barrel is less than 16" or the total length is less than 26" it is an SBR, correct?
Yep, you got it.
If it is less than 26" w/the stock extended. It can be less that 26" w/the stock closed or folded but the measurement is w/the stock open/extended.

scottMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts