AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago i bought 20 underfolders. I dont know what make they are. There def the angled underfolder, and latch on 1 side. I assume romanian or bulgarian. But id like to know for sure so i can start building these. Let me know what you guys think...

Attachments

·
Technical Advisor
15,507 Posts
Bulgarian
They have the indent in the frint of the struts just behind the large pivot hole.

Romanian are smooth in this area.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thank you. Next question is i know romanian rear runnion is slightly more forward than lets say the hungarian and yugoslavian. Now would this be the same setup/ measurement as the romanian? As to where the groove is for the saftey selector on the right side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean as far as the holes go in the receiver and trunnion being slightly more forward. Than the others.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The top 2 are single lock "milled rifle pattern" and should be interchangeable top one probably romainian, could be older bulgarian or polish. middle one is bulgarian and has spot welds for the selector cutout reinf. the one at very bottom corner is the later AKM double lock pattern and is NOT interchangeable with the top style.

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the bottom corner wasnt supposed to be in the pic its hungarian double style. Im not worried about that one. All the other pics are of the the 2 designs. All im worries about now is making sure when i drill out my trunnion should i use the romanian cut pattern ? Because romanians were slightly more forward locaton than yugo, polish, hungarian . I just gotta make sure the saftry slot on the stock matches location of the saftey lever

·
Technical Advisor
15,507 Posts
Top - Romy
Bottom - Bulgy

I believe they are the same angle.
The Romanian was forward set so the swing of the stock would clear the reverse forward grip.
I have not measured the inside depth of the curve in the buttplate to see if thete is any difference that would affect the clearance on a reverse forward grip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perfect thank you. I also dug up some info as well after a week long investigation on this. The romanian angled underfolder is a direct copy of a russian type 3. As well as the older milled bulgarian like i have in these pics. In case anyone else sees this post and runs into the same prob.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Appearance might vary slightly , but romanian and bulgarian directly copied the russian type 3 as far as the holes in the receiver placement. So the romanian UF layout guides will work for all 3. There all 3 placed slightly more forward on the reciever than the rest if the UF.

·
Banned
565 Posts
If you wanted to make a milled Russian under-folder clone, which would be more appropriate? I'm thinking about getting a Bulgarian UF kit to use.

·
Technical Advisor
15,507 Posts
If you Google pictures of Russian AKS47 rifles I think you will see the Romanian is closer in appearance to the Russian than the Bulgarian in your picture.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks will vary. But the pattern of the holes in the receiver, stock, and placement of the holes on the reciever are exacltly the same as a russian (type 3)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts