• Informational Videos About The Kalashnikov

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Destroy Stuff with The Kalashnikov

Votes: 2 6.1%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I have been making YouTube videos for a few years now, nothing spectacular just firearms being shot mostly by Ash, my partner in crime.

Most of the videos on YouTube about AKs are crap and provide no useful data about variants, and features, just someone blasting away.... My videos arent exempt from this statement...

I'm wondering what the true Kalashnikov Fans would like to see?

I have several AKs and Im also an FFL 7 SOT 2 which you will see some of the post samples we made in future videos (M92 SF, AK-105, Tantal with 3rd burst)

Here is the link to our YouTube Page - www.youtube.com/justinmcmillion

Check it out and pitch me some Ideas,
Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Ash Destroying Stuff with The Kalashnikov

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Youtube will be dead within the year with the google + crap
I've been trying to find a replacement venue.
Back to the topic of the thread though, I would like to see someone follow in the footsteps of the late Paul Gomez.
A short time before he passed, he was putting put some great videos on practical use of the Kalashnikov.
You could do your own personal touch with this too.
Make part of the intro a brief history about whatever type of AK you're using that day, then the training section of the video, and maybe some more history at the end followed by Ash destroying things with said weapon.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
Anything showing the practical accuracy of an AK at distance disproves most of the myths people spread around. I have a few around somewhere I recorded that shows 500m with an AKM and 700m with an AK-74 on an IPSC full size steel target. It's simple as pie. I can't see well enough to do much further than that with the 74, but the long 5.45 bullet has a good ballistic coefficient and can easily do further. I've turned a few non-believers into fans with a couple boxes of ammo.

CMS

·
Super Moderator
12,277 Posts
...........All About Ash
...........Ash making Instructional Videos About The Kalashnikov
...........Ash making Informational Videos About The Kalashnikov
...........Ash Destroying Stuff with The Kalashnikov
X.........All of the above

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
Anything showing the practical accuracy of an AK at distance disproves most of the myths people spread around. I have a few around somewhere I recorded that shows 500m with an AKM and 700m with an AK-74 on an IPSC full size steel target. It's simple as pie. I can't see well enough to do much further than that with the 74, but the long 5.45 bullet has a good ballistic coefficient and can easily do further. I've turned a few non-believers into fans with a couple boxes of ammo.

CMS
I have to go with CMS on this one. More times than not I have been at the local range shooting irons and people would comment that they thought AK's were not accurate.
Correctly sighted in, a well built AK will impress !! :)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Correctly sighted in, a well built AK will impress
Correctly sighted in with a disciplined shooter.

A video showing the history of the AK series would be cool. Having everything from Type 1's to the Century Series rifles would be cool. Show the evolution from the stamped and milled rifle to all milled to all stamped. Hardwood stocks to laminate to plum to black.

As for instructional videos one showing speed reloading techniques would be interesting. Battle sighting is a frequently asked question.

Of course you can't go wrong with naked chicks and AK's

·
Banned
154 Posts
...........All About Ash
...........Ash making Instructional Videos About The Kalashnikov
...........Ash making Informational Videos About The Kalashnikov
...........Ash Destroying Stuff with The Kalashnikov
X.........All of the above
ya i was thinking all of the above as well.

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just just uploaded a video of my first time ever shooting 300yds with an AK and I was so excited it made for somewhat of a silly video...

As far as shooting over 300yds I have a little issue... I live in WV and up until this year the farthest distance I could shoot was a little over 200yds. The only place to get 300+ would be on an interstate, a surface mine, over a lake, or ridge to ridge like a pipeline or power right away. If you've ever been to wv you know what I'm talking about....

Don't make too much fun of me...

CMS

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
Now that's how you do it! Nice shooting with a beautiful lady and back drop. Well done!...:)

·
Super Moderator
26,347 Posts
Good ideas here! I would like to see:

Some practical shooting like your last video

How to properly adjust the sights for BZO

How to use the battle sight setting

Some differences between variants such as side folding vs under folding stocks

Different accessories like optics, original mag pouches, cleaning kits etc.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I could almost bet it would never happen and I do understand why it wouldn't but my favorite vid of yours was the "Grinch" video I would like to see a remake of that one and also either a belt-fed or somekind of weapon mounted to the 2.5 ton.

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think we can incorporate all of these ideas,

I really like these;

film what you will. Keep it short, concise and light hearted <-- THis is important for a venue such as YouTube and we try to keep our videos in the 5 minutes or less range
As for instructional videos one showing speed reloading techniques would be interesting.
Some practical shooting like your last video
How to properly adjust the sights for BZO
How to use the battle sight setting
Some differences between variants such as side folding vs under folding stocks
Different accessories like optics, original mag pouches, cleaning kits etc.

I also thought about making a simple video showing and describing each part of an AK and explaining its function.
And maybe one on explaining how headspacing is established and maintained also checked...

I could do a whole series on building but I feel that horse is beat.... Although I do use some methods when building that Ive not seen in any video...

Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming and we will keep the videos rolling,

Justin

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
set up two pieces of steel and take slow mo of a shot/reload/shot/reload/shot sequence. Usually the reloads can separate good from excellent. Shows you how much you need to train!

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
set up two pieces of steel and take slow mo of a shot/reload/shot/reload/shot sequence. Usually the reloads can separate good from excellent. Shows you how much you need to train!
By reload do you mean mag change?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts