AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
Re: What kind of Bolt and Carrier does the M70 and M70B1 hav

KVL said:
Do they have AK-47 bolts and bolt carriers? Or do they have AKM ones?
The M70 (milled) has an AK-47 bolt/carrier, and the M70B1 (stamped) has an AKM bolt/carrier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Re: What kind of Bolt and Carrier does the M70 and M70B1 hav

SA58 said:
KVL said:
Do they have AK-47 bolts and bolt carriers? Or do they have AKM ones?
The M70 (milled) has an AK-47 bolt/carrier, and the M70B1 (stamped) has an AKM bolt/carrier.
Does that mean I can use an AKM bolt and bolt carrier in my Century-build B1 and B2? Same gas piston?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
Your Century B1 and AB2 are both AKM's, so yes... a YUGO AKM bolt/carrier will work. The M70 bolt and bolt carrier are different, but cosmetically only. The carrier is the same length front to back as the AKM's so the piston length will be the same also. Basically, all parts are interchangeable.. cosmetic differences only.

By the way, if you know anybody that has a clean M70 bolt for sale.. I'm in the market for one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
SA58 said:
Your Century B1 and AB2 are both AKM's, so yes... a YUGO AKM bolt/carrier will work. The M70 bolt and bolt carrier are different, but cosmetically only. The carrier is the same length front to back as the AKM's so the piston length will be the same also. Basically, all parts are interchangeable.. cosmetic differences only.
SA58 - what I meant to ask was if a Romy, Hungarian, Norinco or any AKM bolt carrier OTHER than a Yugo M70 bolt carrier/bolt combination will function properly in a Century Yugo B1 or B2.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,899 Posts
memorexairduster said:
SA58 said:
Your Century B1 and AB2 are both AKM's, so yes... a YUGO AKM bolt/carrier will work. The M70 bolt and bolt carrier are different, but cosmetically only. The carrier is the same length front to back as the AKM's so the piston length will be the same also. Basically, all parts are interchangeable.. cosmetic differences only.
SA58 - what I meant to ask was if a Romy, Hungarian, Norinco or any AKM bolt carrier OTHER than a Yugo M70 bolt carrier/bolt combination will function properly in a Century Yugo B1 or B2.

Thanks.
I believe he is saying that any AKM bolt/BC will work, be it Romy, Hungarian, or Norinco. He may be right, although Yugos are weird and I've heard that you need to be careful swapping BCs. Just be sure it fits properly. You might want to check the bolt gap or some kind of other internal measurement. Maybe its unnecessary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
That I couldn't say. I would think yes, but then again the Yugoslavs built their weapons different than anything else out there.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top