Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a PolyTech Legend Bayonet...

CAB

·
Registered
257 Posts
Maybe a rare type 1 Polytech legend bayo. I got one with a sidefolder i bought. Sopposed to be the correct chinese type 1 bayo. Matches the legend stocks.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
I believe it is as it has the same button snap and leather, and I presume a web frog on the back. But it looks as though someone stained the wood to that darker color. Not sure but it looks like some stain got on the metal where it meets the wood.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rayman1 said:
I believe it is as it has the same button snap and leather, and I presume a web frog on the back. But it looks as though someone stained the wood to that darker color. Not sure but it looks like some stain got on the metal where it meets the wood.
I was thinking the same thing. Now did they make blond Type 1 bayonets. My Blond stock Poly metal sidefolder could use a blond type 1 bayo. If that was a blond handle stained red that would be what I need (if I could fix it). You are right about the frog, looks just like my other Red handle Legend Bayonet. Here it is next to the Bayonet that came with my milled PolyTech fixed stock Legend.

Here is my Legend in the box.

Here is my sidefolder.

CAB

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I've seem some factory bayonets that are more orange than the dark red but never any really blonde ones. Also you can tell if it was a replacement bayo or one that has been seperated from a rifle by whether it's marked CHINA on it, this applies to the spike as well.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bayonet

56type
Now that you mention it, the orange ones are for a Legend Underfolder with blond wood.

CAB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts