AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of accuracy is everyone getting out of their Yugo M-70's? I'm thinking about getting one of the CAI underfolders.

I heard they have better than average accuracy but no numbers yet.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
My first five rounds were fired offhand at 25 yards and the group could have been covered with a silver dollar, I shit you not. This is coming from a guy who shoots 2-3" groups doing the same thing with an AR15 carbine.

I was very, very suprised at the accuracy of the rifle, especially considering it is an underfolder.

Buy one, you will not be disappointed. I was so impresed I have already put the money down on another AK in hopes they are a better rifle for me ergonomically and accuracy wise, and that it just doesn't happen to be the particular rifle. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got mine and have only shot it at 25 meters off a bench it was putting five shots in a group at just over 3/4" with wolf fmj.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ozzy the nuke said:
My experience with a few original M70s is 3 to 4 inches at 100 yds. Dont know about the Century ones with new barrels.
It's hard to get an idea at 25 meters but 3-4 inches at 100 yards would be great! I would be happy with 5 inches or less at 100 yards from an AK. My experiences have been about 7-8 inches which was a bit too much for me. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Here's what I did with my Yugos, the only time I've had them out so far.
Looks like they have some potential, I really want to see what they'll do at 100m.
Get ya that Yugo, I've heard from more than a few people that are VERY happy with their Century Yugos. Mine were built from kits by Global Military Gunsmithing

clic on pic.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Standing (no support), I can put every round in a 6-8 in circle at 50yrds. I am very impressed with CenturyArms this time. The DCI recievers are tough, and look great. Everything on mine is rock solid, with exception of a bit of play in the stock. I'm about half tempted to buy another!! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From that target above it looks about accurate as my SKS. A local dealer had a couple of them in for $499. He's out of the city so tax would only be 3.2%. I thought about getting one from him since I could hand select one have it the same day and they also had the original Yugo pistol grips.

Well I found out that Uncle Sam is giving me a huge tax refund this year. So now I'm thinking about getting an AK-103 from AK USA.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Getting about 3 inch groups at 75 yds with my new M70 underfolder. I am very suprised that I got a century built AK with NO PROBLEMS! :eek:

Not even the over drilled gas holes where the monkies would drill the gas hole then hit the other side of the barrel causing a divot. Mine is 100% grade A and functions perfect.

WITH ONE EXCEPTION :razz:

Trigger slap is a certified PITA! :evil:

I just did the trigger slap fix and polished all the FCG parts. I have yet to do a range test. If it doesnt work I'll just get a G2 FCG. :neutral:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow where did this old post come from? I didn't follow up with this post but the M70AB2 that I got doesn't have trigger slap. Also 1gal milkjugs are easy at 200 yards. Awesome rifle!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts