AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a exerpt from the Matt Walsh Blog...I kind of liked it and thought I would share:

The complete article can be found here:http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/08/28/dear-son-dont-let-robin-thicke-be-a-lesson-to-you/

Dear son,

Don’t let Robin Thicke be a lesson to you.

Don’t let any of these pigs and perverts you see on TV be a lesson to you. They treat women like garbage; they possess no chivalry, no self control; they are disloyal and dishonest; they spend all day pursuing pleasure at the expense of others, and they encourage you to do the same. You might be tempted to follow suit. In fact, you WILL be tempted. These male pop stars and celebrities, look at them, you’ll think. They take advantage of emotionally broken, self loathing, confused young women, and they are rewarded handsomely for it. Look at their nice clothes and their nice cars. Look how they are admired and loved. Look, they treat women like trash and other women fawn all over them because of it. This must be how real men behave, you’ll think.

And you’ll be wrong. You’ll be wrong about a lot of things in life — this is what it means to be human — but never will you be more wrong than when you feel the temptation to buy the lies that pop culture sells about the nature of true masculinity. Son, there is nothing glamorous or fun about being a man of low character and no integrity. What you see on TV is a facade. It’s a sales pitch. It’s poison. You see the bright lights and the sexy women, but you don’t see what happens when the cameras are off and these pop culture gods return to their lives as mere mortals. You don’t see them in their big, empty, lonely houses. You don’t see the emptiness in the pit of their souls. You don’t see all the alcohol and drugs they have to use to dull the pain of living a life devoid of real, committed relationships. You don’t see the hatred they have for themselves and for humanity. You don’t see the jealousy they have towards normal, decent men.

Your dad is no celebrity. He’s just an average, boring guy. But he’s got something that every famous and non-famous womanizer envies: He’s got the love and commitment of ONE beautiful, smart, faithful woman. He’s got your mom, and he’ll only have your mom until the day he dies. He ought to be waking up every day shouting praises to the Lord because of that.

Listen, son, don’t let the world tell you how to be a man. They don’t know anything about the subject.

Men are loyal. Men are honest. Men respect and honor women. A man goes out and finds one woman, and he vows to protect and love her for the rest of his life. A man would never betray that vow. Even the weakest and most cowardly man — if he is a man at all — would die for the woman he loves. Your dad is no hero, but let someone try to hurt your mom and watch him suddenly turn into Superman (or Batman, whichever you prefer).

See, son, you don’t have to be big and strong to be a man, although I think you will be one day. You don’t have to be “cool” or athletic. You don’t have to play guitar or fix cars. These are all fine things, but they don’t define a man. A man is defined by how he treats women, by how he keeps his promises, and by how he protects and serves the ones he loves. That’s what makes a man a man. My dad taught me that, he taught it by example. I pray I can do the same for you.

Oh, and by the way, if I ever catch you disrespecting women, I will sit you down and talk to you about it. But first I’ll kick your butt up and down the street. That’s a promise.

Love,

Your old man

·
Registered
978 Posts
It's easy to tell a guy to follow traditional values and explain how it's the right thing to do.

It's a whole lot harder to actually find a woman who doesn't fall under the allegedly "emotionally broken, self loathing, confused" category. Today's "man of integrity" can look forward to being alone for a long, long time. Believe me, if today's women had any amount of appreciation for that stuff, guys would be falling all over themselves to be chivalrous.

Guys do what works as far as women are concerned. And that used to involve going to school, getting a good-paying job, and asking your mom to put in a good word with the neighbor’s cute daughter. The first girl you slept with would probably be your wife, you’d have your two kids, and you’d live the so-called American dream. Today, that approach will get you precisely nothing unless you happen to get fabulously rich in the process.

I wholeheartedly agree that today's generation consists largely of trashy people with trashy values, but the supply of decent, traditional women dried up long ago. Trying to dig for one of the incredibly few remaining is a fool's errand if not a suicide mission, and telling another man to do that is pretty crappy advice.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are saying all women are trash I must disagree, there are still women with values and morals left in our country. When it comes to women you usually get what you fish for....if you are catching trash fish you are usually fishing in the wrong location or using the wrong bait.

Is it harder to find a emotionally stable and secure women with morals and values nowdays absolutly but then again the same is true for men. You say guys do what works in regards to women...well the same is even more true when the boot is on the other foot...Women do what works to get guys....they in general are much more relationship driven and security orientated then men.

The men for the most part are getting what they have asked for IMHO....then gripe about it later...Old dude I knew once told me some sage advice "Sonny if they will F#@K around with you they will F#@k around on you". For the most part I believe he was right.

That being said I can say I have a good wife married 31 yrs. two kids who both have married very nice spouses and have 3 grandkids. I have a daughter in law who is wonderful and a son in law who while not my idea of what I would choose my daughter to marry (a bit to much on the metrosexual side for my tastes ) he has been faithful to my knowledge and has treated my daughter and grandchildren well and I cannot complain. Son has been married 11 yrs and daughter 8 yrs.

I believe the point here is even if you get in a bad relationship and everyone can, the point is that you should conduct yourself honorably and act in a manner that you can be proud of...how doing that would cause you to miss out on finding a decent woman escapes me....

·
Registered
978 Posts
BadBrad said:
If you are saying all women are trash I must disagree, there are still women with values and morals left in our country. When it comes to women you usually get what you fish for....if you are catching trash fish you are usually fishing in the wrong location or using the wrong bait.

Is it harder to find a emotionally stable and secure women with morals and values nowdays absolutly but then again the same is true for men. You say guys do what works in regards to women...well the same is even more true when the boot is on the other foot...Women do what works to get guys....they in general are much more relationship driven and security orientated then men.

The men for the most part are getting what they have asked for IMHO....then gripe about it later...Old dude I knew once told me some sage advice "Sonny if they will F#@K around with you they will F#@k around on you". For the most part I believe he was right.

That being said I can say I have a good wife married 31 yrs. two kids who both have married very nice spouses and have 3 grandkids. I have a daughter in law who is wonderful and a son in law who while not my idea of what I would choose my daughter to marry (a bit to much on the metrosexual side for my tastes ) he has been faithful to my knowledge and has treated my daughter and grandchildren well and I cannot complain. Son has been married 11 yrs and daughter 8 yrs.

I believe the point here is even if you get in a bad relationship and everyone can, the point is that you should conduct yourself honorably and act in a manner that you can be proud of...how doing that would cause you to miss out on finding a decent woman escapes me....
Perhaps in your generation and that of your children there are a good number of decent women, but there are precious few in mine. (I'm in my mid-20s, don't let the avatar fool you). I will say that where you are does matter though. Finding a decent woman was hard work but achievable in Texas, in New York it's damn near impossible. Liberal values just don't make for good people I suppose.

That having been said, I've seen otherwise quality women (good looking, educated, well-mannered, etc), pass me up for some absolute piece of trash who proceeded to treat them like shit more times than I can simply write off as a fluke. These are not women I went after for an easy lay either. What really kills me though is that some of them didn't understand why or even got mad when I had zero sympathy after the inevitable happened to them :confused:.

Furthermore, I think the point of the letter was that a man should conduct himself according to traditional values regardless of the fact that he'd have far more success with women by emulating the misogynists he sees on TV. The letter even admits that this is the case. Sure, having a meaningless relationship sucks, but I say it's better than the severe and sustained beating your self-esteem will take if you choose to walk the high road and are either endlessly alone or rejected at every turn. The guy who saves himself for the decent women will meet very few, and will surely have no idea how to talk to a woman or confidence with women once he does. That is why I say it's bad advice.

Lastly, I agree that guys have fallen in quality as well. But at the end of the day, it's generally the man who goes after the woman, even nowadays. To put it another way, the guys are the ones selling, the woman chooses which one she wants to buy. Unless she's incredibly unattractive or never leaves her house, a woman will have at least a few guys after her. She chooses which one (if any) to accept. I don't buy for a minute that most women, especially the more attractive ones, never receive attention from a reasonably chivalrous man, and could not choose to be with him if they really wanted to. And it's not as if the not-so-great guys even pretend to be chivalrous or act like they offer a secure relationship and fool them somehow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts