AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried about a half dozen different FH's and brakes on my Saiga conversion. I always seem to go back to a slant brake, probably the most useless of muzzle devices other than a nut. I just like the way it looks. I know that is a poor reason for it to be there really, but I am not a pro. I am just a guy who likes to shoot fun guns. What are some of your favorites? Got pics?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back during the ban I had a few Ar's with Ak brakes on them. I was really suprised by its performance. Funny I've never owned an Ak with an Ak brake.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Call me a purest but I only use slant cuts on AKMs.Muzzle nuts on type IIIs and 74 brakes on 74s.

·
Registered
330 Posts
JOHNO said:
Call me a purest but I only use slant cuts on AKMs.Muzzle nuts on type IIIs and 74 brakes on 74s.
Exactly, it's how it was meant to be.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I agree...but, while I'm shooting my 7.62s, I'm going to start slipping the old AK74 style muzzle brake on 'em. When I'm just admiring them, they sport the following:

Type III Gordon Technologies SLR-100H: Muzzle Nut
Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine: Muzzle Nut
Polytech AKS 7.62: Muzzle Nut
Armory USA SSR-85C2: Slant Brake

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It's odd, really. When you think about it, which gun/caliber would warrant the most effective brake for follow-up shots and shootability? The 7.62.

The 5.45 round is mild, in comparison. Yet, the AK74 brake is "standard issue" on 74s. :roll:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm no purist, I am a shooter. I really like the AK-103, I would not hessitate to put a 74 style break on a 7.62. In fact, that is what I am doing to my MAK-90. I am also going to put the heat sheild forend(s) on it too... :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts