AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was growing up, my Mom specialized in bland cooking. My parent's thought spicy food was the work of the Devil. Coupled with the fact that I was a very finicky eater as a kid, I had some catching up to do. Now, I really love me some Mexican and Chinese food. However, I know I still am missing out on some excellent eat's. What do you guy's like?

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Greek., like Moussaka., various Indian dishes from lamb or goat and plenty spicy., Curry dishes as well., you can start simple like Curry Chicken. Lots to choose from.

·
Registered
990 Posts
As a Greek, I am loving the love for my peoples food in this thread.
To me though, I can not count it as ethnic.

My favorite ethnic food is Pho soup. Vietnamese spicy beef broth soup with noodles and sliced beef. Amazing

Indian food is really good if its from a quality place.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Vietnamese food is a thing I have been eating everytime I get to Little Rock. I knew I was in the right place when I went in. I was the only non asian in the place. I took the owner/cook a big bag of peppers and a couple of Goose eggs. The last time I ate there he took the time to bring me my plate himself. I was getting some looks from everyone in there. Great people great place.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
German. Dont eat it a lot so it stays a favorite. Id really like to try nordic foods sometime though..

·
Registered
794 Posts
+1 for Thai... also Sushi is nice... and I had the dish Ceviche (which is popular all over the Americas) for the first time last week and that was interesting... raw fish bathed in an acid (like lemon juice)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Filipino, Hawaiian, Syrian.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guy's are great. What are the difference's between Chinese and Japanese food. I could Google it, but I'd rather discuss it with my like minded brother's!

·
Banned
150 Posts
ceviche is "cooked" with line juice, tasty stuff for sure.

Japanese food I would say is lighter than Chinese, def more seafood. I like Chinese food better than Japanese food.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts