AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Smells like a rip-off artist.............

Also, no way in hell the BATFE will let you import it.........

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I could be wrong but I believe thats a de-wat!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stottman said:
Its a deactivated gun.... They sell them in the Ukraine for about $200 each..
That's what I figured ... Wonder if the mag comes with it ...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What exactly is done to "deactivate" ... That RPK74 receiver alone would fetch a few dollars if it could be used in a build ...

I'm sure it's no longer useable in any form or fashion ... ?

ETA: That flashider looks kinda like ours Travis ... :grin:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Krinkfreak said:
Smells like a rip-off artist.............

Also, no way in hell the BATFE will let you import it.........
Looks like you're correct KF ... I spy a third hole ... :sad:

But ... Say the receiver could be used in a build ... Say someone bought it and got it into the country ...

Couldn't the third hole be welded up and be legal ?

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
"Once a machinegun, always a machinegun." per our friends at the BATFE.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Rob:

If those can be had for $200 I'd gladly send you the money for a couple and pay you to cut out the importable parts and send with the mag, furniture, acceessories, etc...

That is, if the trunion is useable.

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Greentimber said:
Rob:

If those can be had for $200 I'd gladly send you the money for a couple and pay you to cut out the importable parts and send with the mag, furniture, acceessories, etc...

That is, if the trunion is useable.
Trunnion is usable. The Ukrainians just barely deact the barrel, bolt, gas piston, trigger group and mag feed lips.. Nothing that is not replacable.

I have 2 AKMs, 1 AKS74U and had one AK47 T1 that came from there.. All were like that. Also, they keep matching numbers, unlike the Russian deact ones where none of the numbers match.. Ukrainian ones look like they pull a new weapon out of storage, then deactivate it

BUT, the trouble is getting them out of the Ukraine. Just like Russia, one cannot simply drop one in the post and send it to Germany.. It would require some sort of "arrangment" with the customs there, and crossing your fingers on the customs here in Germany. While deacts are legal in Germany, if the ones that I have are any indication, they probably dont meet German deact standards on the barrel.

I have been offered these same deacts (Ukrainian) from Russia as well, complete with Russian MVD certificate (so could import into Germany with no problems) but they want allot for them.

I do know a Ukrainian here in Germany that is supposed to get one (some way) for me, but it is taking awhile... Also the price will be a bit higher, but all I have to do is pay and get it.. No customs hassles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts