AK Rifles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This came from where I work. We care rifle around with breach blocks in them so I’m now wondering if those blocks caused some sort of damage in the chamber area in some of the rifles. We shot I think 8 rifles from shift on thrusday. I think I’m going to avoid those pieces of brass and scrap them. Thanks for everyone’s input.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok to give a little more info this did not come from my personal ammo. This came from where I work which is a nuke plant. We have work rifles that are Armalite AR15s and the ammo we shoot is American Eagle m193 load which was purchased a year or more before Covid. We carry breach blocks in our duty rifles while we work which is, what I believe, causing this deformation on the cases. I think to be safe I will separate the deformed cases from the good ones.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well I hate to tell you we call it a breech block here at my work. When we had orange ones, we now use black ones, we use to call them Cheetos and management strongly disliked it.

So what I got from the armor and the training department is that, because of how we do turn over here to the next shift, when it rained the rifles wouldn’t get wiped down and a coating of oil. So the water apparently went into chamber area because of the breech block causing pitting in the chamber.

:: We are replacing X amount of rifles since we got new thermals. And I agree with you that nuke plants are critical and that we need to replace our rifle. As soon as it was identified our management made effort to weed out the trouble rifles and bought replacement when we ran out of replacement barrels. We are also looking to change our SOP in the hopes of preventing it::

1 - 10 of 10 Posts