AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have come accross a couple in excellant and v-good cond. It seems like I read somewhere that these are rare. Is this true?

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
That is a good question! I have seen them listed over the last several months in varying condition, from ~$25 to $165.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
The plums I have seen offered are the polyglass(?) type. They look different than the material that the plum stocks and handguards are made from.

Rob how about some info on this topic?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
There are two types that I know of. The shiny dark plum which I believe are Tula made (like on the "Krinks") and the slightly lighter color, slightly matte finish (more like the furniture material) that were made by Izhevsk. They're a LITTLE more common AFAIK.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I've seen lighter shades of shiny plum as well as dark shiny plum too.

Andrei examples and he is selling them for $25 alone or $90 with a complete stock set.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
SturmGrenadier said:
I've seen lighter shades of shiny plum as well as dark shiny plum too.

Andrei examples and he is selling them for $25 alone or $90 with a complete stock set.

Are his russian plumb? I thought they were US made.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Andrei's stuff is ALL Russian! I got one of each from him, a Tula and Izhevsk grip. Both plum and both different. They also have the mold numbers on opposite sides.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Which one is Andrei? Are Ruseller, Andyarts, and Andrei all the same guy? I asked Andyarts on ar15.com if he would sell me just the matte plum pistol grip and he said he couldnt break up the sets. Tantal does not have them either. Where do I go to buy just the russian plum pistol grip? I already have a US made one on the gun, but wouldnt mind having an original russian one for collecting purposes.

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
TommyGun said:
Which one is Andrei? Are Ruseller, Andyarts, and Andrei all the same guy? I asked Andyarts on ar15.com if he would sell me just the matte plum pistol grip and he said he couldnt break up the sets. Tantal does not have them either. Where do I go to buy just the russian plum pistol grip? I already have a US made one on the gun, but wouldnt mind having an original russian one for collecting purposes.
All the same guy.

Stuff he is selling on ARFCOM, he is actually brokering for a guy in the US, so doesnt really have any control over them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts