AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
actually I believe a plum bayo is correct as the Bulgarians never made plum furniture... if you know what I mean *wink*

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

I see the Type 4 bayo went into service in '83 so wouldn't that mean an '89 would most likely have a type 4 black bayo?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
The Russians made the plum furniture. I'm unsure about dates... but plum looks good will plum :cool:

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

I see the Type 4 bayo went into service in '83 so wouldn't that mean an '89 would most likely have a type 4 black bayo?

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
I think a 6X5 (Type 4) in black or plum would be fine. A Bakelite 6X4 (Type 3) would be correct too. A plum 6X5 would look the coolest, but they're expensive ($140 right now). Those are Russian options, however. Bulgaria only made black 6X5s...that I've seen. They also did some nice 6X4s that look just like the Izhmashs and Tulas of the period.

Interestingly, I've noticed that the Bulgarian Bakelites come in a dark and a light variation. The shade differences between the two are pretty significant. Sometimes the two versions get combined (e.g., light scabbard with dark hilt and vice versa).

Phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts